cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick start with LPCXpresso1549 Board

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SPrakash on Tue Jul 01 03:07:38 MST 2014
Hi Guys

I purchased an  LPCXpresso1549 Board and am trying to build and debug some sample application on this but am confused where to start. Can anyone help me in this.

On the Board i have two MCU's :- 1. LPC1549JBD64  & 2. LPC4322JET100
Here from above two MCU i am not sure how to program which MCU and what are the necessary arrangement. I followed many online documentation which is bit confusing. Can anybody come forward and show some light. 

Below mentioned steps i followed  so far:

1 . Installed LPCXpresso IDE(v7.2.0_153) and i find there is no sample available for LPC1549 this is the 1st hurdle.

2 .Then after a quite search i found and install CrossStudio ARM3.1. This is also quite confusing. And stopped using it.

3 .Then after quite search i find LPCOpen but here i didnt find a clear documentation specific to LPC1549.

Now am really confused where to start.

Anyone who is using this board plz give your input here.

Regards!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
25 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by suresh on Tue Jul 15 22:26:55 MST 2014
I got the output using your suggested example from LPCOpen  .
Thanks a lot for all ur support so far.

Regards!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jul 15 07:35:23 MST 2014

Quote: suresh

I am using LPCXpresso1549 evaluation board. And am using LPCOpen "usbd_rom_cdc_uart" example to quick test my VCOM port functionality.

So far everything looks good. For Ex: LPCXpresso IDE setup / usbd_rom_cdc_uart build / debugger connection. But when am running the above sample am getting the output but with numerous garbage data on the fresh enumerated VCOM port.

I do not want to see any garbage data on my serial so i  tried to modify the system clock from 12MHz to 16MHz & 24Mhz in multiple instances  but same result. At present the project is configured with default MCU clock baud rate.

MCU clock:12MHz
Baud rate :115200

Can anyone plz suggest me where i went wrong.

If you return to the LPCOpen examples provided for the LPC1549 and instead use the example called "usbd_rom_cdc" - I believe this will give you the results you are looking for.

Regards,
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by suresh on Mon Jul 14 07:43:25 MST 2014
Hi

Yes it matches.

It is 115200. But am not sure why am getting garbage. Do u have any solution to this.

I am expecting LPCOpen should work straight bcoz it is made for LPCXpresso1549 evaluation board.

Regards!

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by suresh on Mon Jul 14 00:04:09 MST 2014
Dear friends,

Thanks for the immediate reply. 

I am using LPCXpresso1549 evaluation board. And am using LPCOpen "usbd_rom_cdc_uart" example to quick test my VCOM port functionality.

So far everything looks good. For Ex: LPCXpresso IDE setup / usbd_rom_cdc_uart build / debugger connection. But when am running the above sample am getting the output but with numerous garbage data on the fresh enumerated VCOM port.

I do not want to see any garbage data on my serial so i  tried to modify the system clock from 12MHz to 16MHz & 24Mhz in multiple instances  but same result. At present the project is configured with default MCU clock baud rate.

MCU clock:12MHz
Baud rate :115200

Can anyone plz suggest me where i went wrong.

Regards.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Tue Jul 08 09:44:40 MST 2014
Hi suresh,
Does Buad rate in your S/W match with the baud rate set on Teraterm?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Tue Jul 08 03:12:51 MST 2014

can anybody help me why i got garbage data in teraterm?????

That's nearly impossible if you don't describe your hardware, your software and what you are doing in detail...

You are talking about UART, so you've connected a converter to use UART?

I guess you are using LPCOpen? 

So without seeing a schematic of your UART connection and your project & board library I've no clue what you are doing and which kind of problem you are facing...

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by suresh on Tue Jul 08 00:35:42 MST 2014
hi guys

i am working on lpcxpresso1549 kit in witch UART and USB march program i develop by using sample programs.
i got USB COM port by help of your reply but in witch whatever i sanded string by function in UART ,i got in teraterm garbage data
i don't no why i got garbage data.for experiment i changed clock and boardrate also  but again garbage data.

can anybody help me why i got garbage data in teraterm?????

thank you.

Regards!
suresh    
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SPrakash on Fri Jul 04 03:43:57 MST 2014
Thanks a lot For ur help.

So now when ever am writing my own application i can follow usbd_cdc_.._xxx  demos, if i want an serial communication to happen.

Regards!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Fri Jul 04 03:28:54 MST 2014

Quote: SPrakash
Now i connected both USB ports to my dev machine. So now i need some USB stack to run on my target so that i will get prompt(popup) for driver installation. is that correct ?

Of course. LPCOpen is including several examples which are using LPC15xx ROM USB driver  :)

They are named "usbd_rom_cdc..."
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SPrakash on Fri Jul 04 03:07:51 MST 2014
Dear LabRat

Now i connected both USB ports to my dev machine. So now i need some USB stack to run on my target so that i will get prompt(popup) for driver installation. is that correct ?

Is there any sample application in LPCOpen where i can test UART communication Quickly ?

Thanks Again for all ur help.

Regards!   
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Fri Jul 04 01:55:35 MST 2014

But at the same time my aim is to enable UART so that i can print something on TERATERM or Hyper-terminal when debugging. Which is not happening now because i dont have a COM port active for this Board. How can i do that ?

As mentioned already yesterday you have to[color=#f00] connect a second USB cable to 'TARGET USB CONNECTOR'...
[/color]
This board has 2 USB connectors. One for debugging and one for connecting the target USB.

I know there are systems which a using a single USB connector for Debug and USB connection to the target, but LPCXpresso requires both  :exmark:

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SPrakash on Fri Jul 04 01:25:25 MST 2014
Thanks for all ur effort answering my question.

What i understood from ur reply is :\

Link2 USB is made for only debugging so am doing the same. LPCXpresso IDE is able to detect the debugger and my CPU halts.

But at the same time my aim is to enable UART so that i can print something on TERATERM or Hyper-terminal when debugging. Which is not happening now because i dont have a COM port active for this Board. How can i do that ?

For Example:
I have a similar type of board Seeeduino Arch Pro (mbed) and i got the driver to enable my COM port at the time of debugging.
So when i connect the board to my development PC, automatically the COM13 port appears and am able to send/recv characters/data by enabling UART on the target.     

The similar way of working i want here on LPCXpresso LPC1549 and what i find is a Genuine way of working... I feel now my requirement will clear to u guys.

Thanks!   
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Thu Jul 03 10:12:37 MST 2014

1. Connected the board.

Result : Automatically one driver is installed named

"LPC based USB device"

So what did you connect then?

"LPC based USB device" is your LPC-link USB  :exmark:

To use target USB with VCOM driver you have to use target USB connector and of course the correct target program (=working USB)...

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jul 03 07:49:22 MST 2014
See:
http://www.lpcware.com/LPCXpressoV2Boards

There are two USB connectors, labelled "Link" and "Target":
[list]
  [*]"Link" is the debugger connection, and is connected to the on-board debugger - and LPC4322. With properly installed drivers, this will enumerate a "LPC Based USB Device". When the debugger starts, it will download debug firmware, causing it to re-enumerate as a HID device
  [*]"Target" is connected to the USB port of the LPC1549. If there is no USB stack running in the LPC1549, nothing will appear. If there is a USB stack running, then you may need to install the correct driver - TheFallGuys instructions are correct
[/list]

To answer your points
1. This is completely correct and indicates it is waiting for a debugger connection (to download the debug firmware)

If you have the 'yellow triangle' appearing, this implies that the driver has not installed correctly. You should be able to right-click and Uninstall the driver (make sure you set the option for removing the driver software). Next time you connect the device, you will be prompted to install a driver. Point it at the LPCXpresso "Drivers" directory.

2. You should not try to manually install each driver - Windows will install the correct driver, when you insert the device. If the driver is not found, then you can point it at the directory containing the drivers and Windows will find it.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Thu Jul 03 07:47:49 MST 2014

1. Connected the board.

"LPC based USB device"

So what did you connect then?

"LPC based USB device" is your LPC-link USB  :exmark:

Tu use target USB with VCOM driver you have to use target USB connector...

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SPrakash on Thu Jul 03 07:33:55 MST 2014
Hi

As you said, i am doing exactly same.

1. Connected the board.

"LPC based USB device"
WinUsb.sys
USB\VID_1FC9&PID_000C&REV_0100
USB\VID_1FC9&PID_000C

Above all details i can see from my device manager.

2. Now Downloaded the given driver mentioned by u and all above guys and find its same. Well took the whole pack and unzipped it and started installing manually from device manager and installed.

Now as i said earlier one USB port appeared "LPC based USB device" with yellow mark which signifies driver will not going to work properly and so no COM port.
And yes if am trying to install the driver again COM3 port appeared but same yellow colored warning mark signified device will not work properly and even warning also showing at the time of installation that device may not work properly.  

And one more thing even if am selecting particular inf the installation is not taking the inf rather it is taking only the directory path.

Now You tell me what went wrong with my installation ??

Regards!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Thu Jul 03 07:07:07 MST 2014

Please share if anybody is having some solution.

:quest:

We made several custom boards since March with LPC15xx...

And no USB problems... (using the correct LPC15xx driver).

If you expect a 'solution' it could be a good idea to explain your problem in detail...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Thu Jul 03 06:39:12 MST 2014
Download the drivers from here:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-platform-usbd-library-drivers-windows

Unzip them into a directory.

Plug in your device - it should prompt you to install a driver. Select the option that allows you to browse for a driver and select the directory you unzipped the drivers. There is no need to select a driver file, you can just select the directory and Windows will find the correct driver.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by suresh on Thu Jul 03 06:25:13 MST 2014
Hi Guys

Am also facing similar problem as SPrakash. Am expecting some resolution from support engineers.

Hey SPrakash did u find any solution to  this problem.

Please share if anybody is having some solution.

Regards!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SPrakash on Tue Jul 01 23:49:14 MST 2014
Thanks a lot for your answer.

I have already tested same(your above given) driver and those attached snaps in my previous post belongs to the same driver installation on Win-7(32bit).

Even again i installed and checked after listening to ur suggestion and this time tried on fresh Win7-32 machine. And this time i started with lpc-composite89-dfu.inf, one Bad yellow signaled USB port appeared like yellow signaled COM port shown in the image.  

When tried to install other INF present there then same as before as there in the image.

I need a healthy COM port for my UART communication.

Plz give some solution to this.

Regards!
0 Kudos