NGX lpc1857 Won't Play With LPC Open 2.12 libusbdev for NGX1837 board.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NGX lpc1857 Won't Play With LPC Open 2.12 libusbdev for NGX1837 board.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dsidlauskas on Mon Feb 09 15:44:34 MST 2015
I'm trying to get LPC Open USB code from ngx_xplorer_1830_usbd_rom_examples to work with my NGX LPC1857 Xplorer board.

I'm using LPC Open V2.12 and Keil Uv4.7.

I've changed the target from 1830 to 1857 and changed the Keil debug initialization file to use internal flash.

The code compiles, links, and loads with no problem, and when run it completes it's USB initialization with no errors. It then hangs waiting for the host to complete it's initialization.

The host never sees the device. I've looked at DP and DN with a scope and they never go high.

The board runs USB using the sample code provided by NGX, so I don't think it's a hardware failure issue.

I assume that the LPC Open code works on the NGX1830 board. Is there some difference with USB between the 1837 and 1857 that could account for this lack of behavior.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Thanks,
Dave
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dsidlauskas on Tue Feb 10 11:51:35 MST 2015
Tsuneo,

You nailed it. That was the problem. Thanks.

I'm considering on using the LPCopen usbd_rom cdc_vcom for my project. I need to transmit relatively short messages (<100 bytes) between the PC host and my device. For development purposes I would also like to transfer a 100Kbyte data block in under 1 second. Do you think cdc_vcom is a good choice for this? Is it reliable? Are there any gotchas or bugs I should know about?

Thanks for all of your help.

Dave
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Tsuneo on Tue Feb 10 04:03:08 MST 2015
The USB engines on the chips are identical, but connector on the boards are different.
       LPC1830 Xplorer      LPC185x Xplorer
USB0  J1:micro-AB (OTG)    J2:standard-A (host)
USB1  J3:micro-AB (OTG)    J3:micro-AB   (OTG)

As you are running ngx_xplorer_1830_usbd_rom_examples, the MCU works as a USB device. You should use the J3 OTG port of the Xplorer board. As this port connects to USB1, you have to change the project setting from USB0 to USB1 on the 1830 examples.

Enable USE_USB1 macro instead of USE_USB0, in app_usbd_cfg.h

\lpcopen_2_12\applications\lpc18xx_43xx\examples\usbd_rom\usbd_rom_hid_generic
app_usbd_cfg.h

/* Comment below and uncomment USE_USB1 to enable USB1 */
#define USE_USB0
/* #define USE_USB1 */

Tsuneo
0 Kudos