cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCAN LPC55S1X

Nadia
Contributor III

Hello to all.
I am trying to make a communication from the CAN protocol. To do this, as well as reading the relevant documentation for both the micro and the communications protocol, I have uploaded an example to see how it works. It is a bit confusing for me, could someone explain me in which part of the example code I can access the data that is sent at the beginning of the frame according to the CAN protocol? Also could you tell me in which part of the code I can access the ID identifier data according to the CAN protocol?

Thank you very much.
Best regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nadia,

By the data in the beginning on the frame do you mean identifier as well?

FelipeGarcia_1-1623966341968.png

This information is contained in the txFrame and rxFrame structures of the MCAN examples.

Have a great day,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos

Nadia
Contributor III

@FelipeGarcia 

Ok, and how would I cut the transmission, I mean, I'm using the MCAN_TransferSendNonBlocking function, and it never stops, I just want to send the data once and cut the transmission, how should I do it, that the transmission doesn't stop means that it's being done wrong?

Best regards.

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nadia,

This is because the transmission is not being completed correctly, therefore, MCAN module generates retransmission. Please check description below from the UM.

FelipeGarcia_1-1625785042870.png

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos