cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCxpresso 1347 programming problem

emimad
Contributor III

Hi all!

I've rescued my old LPCxpresso due the actual microchips problem and I want to develop some personal projects.

It was working fine when I put it in the wardrobe some years ago but now, it's impossible to program it with the latest MCUxpresso IDE and Win10.

The first time I connect the USB cable, it is programed fine from IDE. However, next flashing can't be done. I need to re-connect USB cable to LPC-Link probe (v1.3) works again.

What can I do to program the LPC without problems?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Ray_V
Contributor V

For some reason in the new version ig MCUXpresso you need to select the project in the project tab for flashing function to be enabled

Ray_V_0-1632755717988.png

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

After you program, I suppose you have to terminate the current debugging process by clicking the "Clean up Debug" software button on the MCUXpresso tools as the following Fig before you launch another debugging process.

If you still have issue, pls holding the PIO0_1 or IO0_3 as LOW during after Reset, so the chip can enters ISP mode, then pls debug the chip.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1631839430244.png

0 Kudos

emimad
Contributor III

Thank you for your response!

Unfortunatelly, the problem persists after your suggest.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As you said that the "I need to re-connect USB cable to LPC-Link probe (v1.3) works again.", it is weird.

I suspect that the board power supply maybe has issue, do you use the MCU-link board to provide power for the LPCXpresso13xx board? If it is the case, can you use external independent power supply to provide the power for the LPCXpresso13xx board rather than the MCU-link board power supply?

The MCU-link board power supply can NOT provide enough power for the  LPCXpresso13xx board I suspect

BR

Xiangf

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

emimad
Contributor III

Hi Xiangf!

The LPCXpresso LPC1347 board has included the LPC-Link in one side and the LPC1347 evaluation board in the opposite. 

So it's designed to supply the LPC microcontroller directly from the USB connection in the programming side.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Okay, I see.

If you press Reset button on the EVK, can you reconnect it?

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

emimad
Contributor III

There ins't any button on the EVK but there is a reset pin.

If i put it to gnd, the programmer side resets and I don't need to re-plug the USB cable so it's perfect!

Thank you for your reply!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos