LPCOpen UART IDLE Interrupt

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen UART IDLE Interrupt

stephendgb
Contributor II

In the documentation package UM10736 for LPC1519 it references that TXIDLE is a possible interrupt setting. However, LPCOpen driver does not map this interrupt in the UART_INT section it is only available in the status entry section of the same header. The bit location is the same for both of them. 

I am using legacy code that previously used this interrupt setting. 

Is this omission intended? Can the Interrupt be used? Is there a recommended alternative to using this? Is it possible clear this interrupt by writing to the interrupt clear register? Does that change the status register?

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

stephendgb
Contributor II

So just to confirm is reflected in the INSTAT register? 

As I mentioned before this interrupt is not specified in LPCOpen  UART_INTEN*. You mean for me to enable it using 0x01<<3 to set this bit along with all the other interrupts I might need using IntEnable. Then to use the code GetIntStatus to determine which of the interrupts happened. Is this correct? Of course the alternative is to use GetStatus. 

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @stephendgb 

"So just to confirm is reflected in the INSTAT register?"

->> Yes.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @stephendgb 

1)Can the Interrupt be used? Is there a recommended alternative to using this?

->>Yes, it can be used. You can use your own code to enable this interrupt.

2) Is it possible clear this interrupt by writing to the interrupt clear register? Does that change the status register?

->>No, the USART interrupt enable clear register is used to clears the corresponding bit in the INTENSET
register. Also can not change the status register.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

stephendgb
Contributor II

So just to confirm is reflected in the INSTAT register? 

As I mentioned before this interrupt is not specified in LPCOpen  UART_INTEN*. You mean for me to enable it using 0x01<<3 to set this bit along with all the other interrupts I might need using IntEnable. Then to use the code GetIntStatus to determine which of the interrupts happened. Is this correct? Of course, the alternative is to use GetStatus. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos