LPC824 - Setting Code Read Protection (CRP)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC824 - Setting Code Read Protection (CRP)

Jump to solution
kwagner
Contributor II

Hello!

I was hoping to understand more about the Code Read Protection on the LPC824 microcontroller. From what I've been reading, it sounds like the Code Read Protection isn't a dedicated register, but rather just a specific location in memory. Is this correct?

Why it matters to me - I have a production released binary that was compiled without "Enable automatic placement of Code Read Protection field in image" selected. I'd like to enabled Code Read Protection after programming the binary. If I simply write 0x87654321 to memory location 0x02FC, is it possible that I overwrite a functional part of my binary?

kwagner_0-1715715303379.png

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @kwagner 

No, wont' corrupt your software. The important is please read CRP level definition carefully and config 

the right CRP.

BR

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @kwagner 

1)"From what I've been reading, it sounds like the Code Read Protection isn't a dedicated register, but rather just a specific location in memory. Is this correct?"

->> Yes.

2) The minimum size of flash write and erase is 64 bytes. 

Recommend you read out flash, then change the CRP configuration. Then program the whole flash again using new image.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
kwagner
Contributor II

Hi Alice,

Thanks for the information! If I overwrite memory locations 0x02FC - 0x02FF in my binary, is that dangerous? Is this memory location specifically set aside for CRP or could this corrupt my software?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @kwagner 

No, wont' corrupt your software. The important is please read CRP level definition carefully and config 

the right CRP.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos