cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69 : gpio interrupt capacity

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi !

I have got the next limitation what I not understand quite well.

By using PINT peripherals I'm able to have only 8 individual pins what can generate individual type of interrupts, edges /levels and etc. ( patterns can be used instead of individual pins.)

And looks like PINT interrupts is not able to wakeup  Core0 from Sleep mode.

SDK examples show that pin for use in ACTIVE mode is initialized individually as well.

Secure PINT might serve 2 extra pins from GPIO0 port.

From other side GINT0 and GINT1 can serve almost all pins for wakeup MCU from Power-Down mode.

I'm not quite sure if the same pin can be included in both GINTx block for serve both edges.

I need to use 17 external individual pins what generate interrupts in ACTIVE, Sleep and Power_Down mode.

GINTx is able to wakeup MCU from PowerDown or Sleep mode and I can identify source of interrupt e,g pin number.

But not clear if I can detect both edges.

But if MCU in Active mode looks like GINT dosn't work any more and only PINT can be used and I can serve only 8 interrupt pins. Is this so ?

I no need individual interrupt handler but I need solution when both edges of 17 GPIOs ( they all on GPIO1 port ) will cause ISR in ACTIVE, Sleep and PowerDown mode.

Gould you give advice about possible solution.

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eugene,

The group can be level or edge triggered. Both edges can cause the trigger depending on the polarity configured if it goes from high to low or visa versa.

I no need individual interrupt handler but I need solution when both edges of 17 GPIOs ( they all on GPIO1 port ) will cause ISR in ACTIVE, Sleep and PowerDown mode.

Could you please clarify. Do you need 17 interrupts with GPIO pins at the same time? 

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi Sabina !

No, interrupts happens quite rare ( up to 2 times per second max). But all of them should wakeup MCU and source of interrupt should be possible to identify. Also I need to detect both edges and some pin can change edge what should be detected sometimes.

I try to do some testing with old A1 board and create this request : https://community.nxp.com/message/1230588 

May be I should try level detection and also try A2 ( new silicon revision ) to check this issue.

But one GPIO pin works in case of both edges, but multiple - no.

this is blocker for me and I need more information how-to handle all of those.

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos