LPC55S16: What is the use of Product Version and Component version in commandFile.bd

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S16: What is the use of Product Version and Component version in commandFile.bd

VChaudhary
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to use the Secure Boot option with Signed Images. I have below doubts.

What is the use of productVersion and componentVersion  in commandFile.bd, when we create SB2 file.

What I understood is they are related to customer SW versions. But how we will know which version is loaded on board?

Is there any command to get these fields?

Also, suppose I have the product version as "2.00.00" and I am trying to load SB2 with product version "1.00.00", will it work? is it down gradable?

options
{
flags = 0x4; // 0x8 encrypted + signed, 0x4 encrypted
buildNumber = 0x1;
productVersion = "1.00.00";
componentVersion = "1.00.00";
}
sources
{
inputFile = extern(0);
}
section (0)
{
erase 0x0..0x40000;
load inputFile > 0x0;
}

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

VChaudhary
Contributor III

There are no informations available for these parameters in the "AN12283
LPC55Sxx Secure Boot". I am following the same document. Please point me to the section where they are described in detail.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I recommend use the app note this is the informtaion available for the LPC55Sxx.

LPC55Sxx Secure Boot (nxp.com)

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

VChaudhary
Contributor III

There are no informations available for these parameters in the "AN12283
LPC55Sxx Secure Boot". I am following the same document. Please point me to the section where they are described in detail.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry for the late response I research more information about Secure Boot, and I find this app note may be helpful. Step by step process to prepare Secure Boot for LPC54S0xx (nxp.com)

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos