cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC546x function description of 16KB EEPROM

bahn
Contributor I

Hello,

we use a LPC54628 uns want to use the 16KB EEPROM.

We ar confused about the workingwise of the EEPROM at the writing process.

1. If I use EEPROM_WriteWord() of fsl_eeprom.c, will only the addressed 32bit area erase and programm or the complete page of ?

2. If I use EEPROM_Write() of fsl_eeprom.c, will only from offset to sizelength 32bit wise this area erase and programm?

3. Is it right, if I write in the buffer one byte to prepare the writing in the EEPROM, than I can not write / change this byte again, before I have written the buffer in the flash?

4. in case 3 , if I write in the buffer one byte to prepare the writing in the EEPROM, is the complete word of this byte address blocked?

5. Is it right, if I write in the buffer one byte to prepare the writing in the EEPROM, than I can not read the complete EEPROM or only the used PAGE side, before I have written the buffer in the flash? 

6. not in case 5, can I instead of read the uses Page of EEPROM the buffer?

Our idea are, to eleminate our own sram buffer and to use the inside buffer.

To hold the writing cycle, we have to calculate the checksum from EEROM plus the changes of the buffer and writing the new data with the checksum.

7. Did you have an Datasheet of the chip inside EEPROM, about organisation of the access.

8. Did you have details description, if I use IAP to use the EEPROM.

Kind Regards

N.Bahn

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

I will gladly answer your questions:

1. It will only write a word(32bits) in the specified address.

1. You're right, this function writes the number of bytes you specified to your desired address.

1. Partial page writes are allowed, and the EEPROM will only take locations where a word has been written for the erase/program cycle. Any word on a page can be written in any order, but every word on the page may only be written once

1. When you write something in the desired address you cannot read the content until it is successfully programmed. It is not recommended to write again before program.

1. The minimum data you can write on a page is a word of 32bits. If you write a word into the EEPROM that specific space cannot be read until you program it.

1. If I understand it well, you want to use the EEPROM buffer without programming what you write, is that correct? If this is the case it is not possible. The EEPROM needs to be programmed before being read.

1. You can consult the LPC546x User manual in chapters 2 and 47. The EEPROM address range is from 0x4010_8000 to 0x4010_BFFF. The last page is not writeable.

1. You can check chapter 5 of the user manual. Also in the SDK, you can find an example of the use case of EEPROM operations with IAP commands.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos