cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC5460x USB composite MSC to SPIFI flash example

Jump to solution
cybaluke
Contributor III

Hi everybody, I am just starting a project using LPC5460x  and  MCUXPRESSO IDE, I need to have a USB composite interface to manage a USB virtual com port to control the main embedded app from a host PC and a USB MassStorageClass interface to download some data files (they are a couple of .bin files for other micro/dsp on the board and other files of raw data used by the main app) from the host PC to the SPIFI flash on board (MX25L12835FM2I-10G). Note: all the embedded firmware functions will run in internal LPC flash.

Could you suggest me the right example for LPC5460x to starting from to code a USB Mass Storage Class that can write data files from the host PC to SPIFI flash and can you suggest how (if it is possible) to port it in a composite VirtualCom and Mass Storage Class?

Best regards

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luke

MCUXpresso SDK software also provides below USB-MSC example for your reference:

pastedImage_1.png

Please find them with below path:

C:\nxp\SDK_2.3.1_LPCXpresso54608\boards\lpcxpresso54608\usb_examples

You also could download the MCUXpresso SDK USB stack help document from MCUXpresso SDK config website.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Customer could refer [usb_device_composite_cdc_msc] demo as the start project.

MCUXpresso SDK software package also provides SPIFI example code with below path:

C:\nxp\SDK_2.3.1_LPCXpresso54608\boards\lpcxpresso54608\driver_examples\spifi

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

cybaluke
Contributor III

Thanks Mike for your help.

SPIFI is not the real problem for me but I'm a USB-stack beginner so I started from lpcxpresso54608_dev_composite_cdc_msc_lite_bm example (as you suggested) but I don't know very well UFI standard and in general USB stack, so it's difficult for me to understand when e where (in what handlers) manage the incoming and outcoming datas from the host PC. 

I was looking for a "USB-MSC for dummy" example or some references to understand where insert in the USB handlers my callbacks for SPIFI reading and writing functions.

best regards

luke

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Luke

MCUXpresso SDK software also provides below USB-MSC example for your reference:

pastedImage_1.png

Please find them with below path:

C:\nxp\SDK_2.3.1_LPCXpresso54608\boards\lpcxpresso54608\usb_examples

You also could download the MCUXpresso SDK USB stack help document from MCUXpresso SDK config website.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

0 Kudos
cybaluke
Contributor III

Thanks Mike for the help, I think "usb_device_msc_sdcard_lite_bm" could be a good starting point for my work, SDK.2.4.0 misled me, it doesn't has the same samples of the SDK.2.3.1...

0 Kudos