cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54606 CMSIS-Driver for MAC

rene_benvenuti
Contributor II

Hi!

I'm working with NXP LPC54606 processor and using Keil's MDK5 network component ethernet library on RTOS2, but I'm struggling to get the MAC driver.

I've installed the latest NXP LPC54606_DFP (12.1.0), which have the LAN8720 driver, but do not have any MAC driver. I could only found the driver template, but, no example or documentation on how to implement it. There are some CMSIS-Drivers for external ethernet controllers, but not to LPC54606 MAC.

Please, could you help me to find this driver or documentation? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Rene,

The SDK package of LPC546xx includes the versions of MCUXpresso tools, IARE tools and Keil tools, you can select the platform when you download the SDK package, in other words, you can download SDK package of LPC546xx based on  Keil platform from  link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder

I suggest you use  lwIP as ethernet stack middleware which is included in SDK package.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

rene_benvenuti
Contributor II

Hi Xianjun,

I managed to create a "CMSIS-Driver" like driver to our LPC54606, using the LPC407x ethernet CMSIS driver and SDK lwIP as examples, but I would like to see this driver from NXP in the future. 

On our company, we choose to use Keil's MDK as middleware, but Keil's support does not reach processor specific drivers. We could use lwIP as ethernet stack middleware, but, as mentioned, the choise was to use Keil's. 

I could see CMSIS drivers for I2C, SPI and USART. Are there plains to create these drivers for LPC54606? 

BR,

Renê

0 Kudos

nagarajan
Contributor II

Hi rene_benvenuti

We are trying to do EMAC CMSIS driver for LPC54606. Can you share?

0 Kudos

rene_benvenuti
Contributor II

Thanks for your answer Xianjun!

I will tryout the lwip examples, but, for this work is required that I use Keil's network component. So I will have to create this CMSIS-Driver for MAC anyway.

I'm trying to use the Driver_ETH_MAC.c template and, with the examples of SDK that I could found, create this MAC driver.

Thanks again,

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Rene,

As you know that the LPC family supports LWIP ethernet stack, you can download the SDK package from the link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

In the SDK package, there are Ethernet examples as following.

Pls download the package and have a try.

BR

XiangJun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos