cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4357 dual core running issue

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by waydychou on Fri Mar 29 01:01:13 MST 2013
Hi guys,

One question,

I use the sample code "LPC43XX Dual Core Examples" to test my LPC4357 development board.
I am trying to building "lpcopen\applications\lpc18xx_43xx\examples\dualcore_43xx\lwip_emwin\webserver_emwin" project.
Everything was fine as first.
But something confuse me after I flash the images to M4 and M0.
There was error message appear says :

ERROR: Running lwIP on both core is not supported!
ERROR: Boot failure!!

So I use pre-define to isolate M4 and M0 code as below:

#ifdef  CORE_M4
#define EXAMPLE_LWIP
#undef EXAMPLE_EMWIN
#else
#undef EXAMPLE_LWIP
#define EXAMPLE_EMWIN
#endif

Let M4 run LWIP and M0 run EMWIN,M0 can run normally but M4 didn't booted successful.

Somebody know why?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Sundar on Tue Apr 09 23:43:33 MST 2013

Hi,

We apologize for not keeping our dualcore example user document up to date. We'll get a detailed documentation available to user ASAP. The dual core examples has 4 operational examples

1. Blinky

2. lwIP (TCP/IP Server)

3. USB (Device Stack)

4. emWin (Only for Keil LPC4357 board)

You can run any combination of the example on any core. Example you can run "lwIP on M4 core" while running "USB Device stack on M0" core or vice versa. But you cannot run same example on both cores, for example you cannot run "lwip+usb on M0" and "lwip+emwin on M4" as lwip uses the only avilable ethernet hardware hence mutually exclusive, same is the case with USB or emWin. Only blinky can run in both cores.

I assume that you want to run lwip and emwin, in that case you can build lwip(webserver) for M0 and burn it to flash, then build emwin for M4 and burn it to flash. Upon reset both should run fine!

The other way is that you can compile "lwip+emwin for M4 core" burn it, then compile "USB or Blinky for M0" core burn it (or vice versa). Upon reset you will be able to see things running nice and easy. If you run lwip and usb you will be able to edit the index.htm file in the usb disk and see that the page provided by webserver reflecting the change upon refresh in the browser.

Let us know if you need more information.

Regards,

Sundar.

0 Kudos