cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC15xx for Brushless Motor Control

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by JohnGrand on Thu Mar 13 12:28:34 MST 2014
Hi there :)

I am trying to control motors on two separate projects:

1. a seonsorless BLDC (brushless motor)
2. a stepper motor

The LPC15xx seems to come in handy. Has anyone hints on reusing parts of LPCopen's code in a useful way? The available - be it documentation, or LPCopen-examples - on the LPC15xx does not seem to specifically address the reduce-time-to-market with motors, which seems a bit odd to me, concerning NXPs advertising. Or am I just missing something?

Thank you guys :)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kchterev on Fri Sep 18 00:23:19 MST 2015
Hi John,

I realise this is an old post but... I'm in the samo boat - could not find any piece of code concerning BLDC sensorless operation with LPCxxx. I contacted NXP many time but it looks like we are going in circles with no real progress..
DId you have any luck with them ?

Cheers

Konstantin
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by JohnGrand on Mon Mar 17 07:47:50 MST 2014
Thanks for the information!

I took an extensive look at the LPC15xx Motor Control Sample Code.
Since I am especially interested in driving BLDC motors in the sensorless mode, I was hoping to find existing code for that. The GUI has a sensorless driving option (see attached file). So I am positive you guys already took care of it. Nevertheless, I can not find any piece of code concerning sensorless operation, even though there has to be code regarding analog inputs listening for back-EMF from the motor. Am I wrong? That's what I just cannot find in your example codes.

Maybe someone here was more clever than I am. Implementing the back-EMF readout by myself would lead to a lot of frustrating debugging, apart from you guys really know much better how to implement that  ; )

Thank you for your help so far!

(I would really like to buy the whole Motor Control Kit, which for sure would save a lot of trouble, but 149€ (299€) is just too much for me... :/ )
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Thu Mar 13 20:14:00 MST 2014
Hi Labrat,
Thanks for pointing to correct link.

Hi JohnGrand,
LPC15xx can control up to 4 BLDC motors. State switching is done in the hardware based on Hall sensor.input. You can control up to 4 motors
and can choose combination between BLDC and Stepper motor
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Thu Mar 13 15:14:24 MST 2014

Quote: JohnGrand
Or am I just missing something?

This one  :quest:

http://www.lpcware.com/motor_control

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MarcVonWindscooting on Thu Mar 13 15:06:52 MST 2014

Quote: JohnGrand
Hi there :)
> address the reduce-time-to-market with motors, which seems a bit odd to me, concerning NXPs advertising. Or am I just missing something?

You use that anti-aging lotion you've seen on TV and the wrinkles don't disappear?  ;-)
Why am I not surprised?

I have no idea about LPCopen really. But from comparing LPC1500 with other small controllers, I dare to say this one is quite different from the hardware point and that re-using will most probably be limited to pure software parts - which should always be reused, shouldn't they?

I hope someone proves me wrong.

0 Kudos