cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with LCD display Interface on LPC54618J512BD208

nithin3200
Contributor III

Hello,

I am currently engaged in a project that involves the use of the LPC54618J512BD208 microcontroller. I am facing a challenge with the interface of the LCD display(G057VN01V2).

When I attempt to display text, it does not appear as expected. Interestingly, the color blue displays correctly, but other colors do not seem to work.

The SDRAM part number for reference is IS42S32160D-5BL.

For further clarity, I am attaching the configurations of both the LCD and SDRAM.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @nithin3200 

There is a demo and AN can refer to:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12027.zip 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alex_Wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @nithin3200 

Hello, we recommend that you use GUI Guider software for design, after the generation of the code for a simple port, you can display the effect you want.

Best regards, Alex.

0 Kudos

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

> When I attempt to display text, it does not appear as expected. Interestingly, the color blue displays correctly, but other colors do not seem to work.

I think the problem is in your code.
Check the color mode you are using, and alignment of the respective bitfields in one color RAM word.
Like, one of the common 16-bit color modes used in LCDs is 5-6-5 (RGB).

0 Kudos

nithin3200
Contributor III

Thank you for your response.

I am proceeding in the same manner as you suggested. If you could review my LCD and SDRAM configurations, you might understand the situation better. For further clarity, I am also attaching the clock configuration

0 Kudos

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

I wouldn't think it is a clock issue if at least one color is displayed correctly.

As a side note, I am not an NXP employee or have any such board currently, so I have neither the time nor the hardware to get too deep into your issues. But I can share my experiences.

Having dealt with LCD display controllers in the past, the sparingly documented register interface can be a challenge and usually requires some experimentation. The applies to both geometry (sizes & orientation) and colors.
For the geometry settings, I used to draw a diagonal line onto the display (just increment x and y coordinated simultaneously.
For color, I used lines/blocks of one primary color (R, G or B), side by side. Intensity variations and gradients follow afterwards.

0 Kudos