cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot communicate with target

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jimprince on Tue Feb 23 18:23:55 MST 2016
I have a custom pcb with LCP824 and am using link2.
IDE is version 8.0.

Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=54347 -g -mi -2 -pLPC824 -vendor=NXP -vc -reset= -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 -flash-driver=LPC800_32.cfx
Error message from debugger back end:
Remote communication error.  Target disconnected.: No error.

I have 3.3V sense, GND SWDIO, SWCLK, /RESET, ISP connected.
There is a 10K pull-down on ISP.

I am tired and frustrated. I have read all the docs and forums and it is not obvious what must be done in what order to start debugging.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vtw.433e on Fri Mar 04 15:31:00 MST 2016
Try this
https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/regaining-debug-access
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jimprince on Fri Mar 04 15:17:34 MST 2016
I found that a connector was bad.

I was able to run the debugger once. I changed a couple of code lines and niw I am back to the :

Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=56551 -g -mi -2 -pLPC824 -vendor=NXP -vc -reset= -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 -flash-driver=LPC800_32.cfx
Error message from debugger back end:

The lpc824 was never programmed before the first attempt. Now it has code loaded.

Jim
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wojtkingson on Thu Feb 25 05:28:19 MST 2016
Lets try an older version of LPCXpresso (I´ve had similiar problem with version 8).

ISP connected? Just try to connect 3v3, GND, SWDIO, SWCLK. Connection wires for SWD shouldn't be too much long.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vtw.433e on Thu Feb 25 01:57:57 MST 2016
you are going to need to post your debug circuit, if you want any further help. But read the FAQ and double check what your circuit does.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jimprince on Wed Feb 24 16:08:45 MST 2016
The problem persists with a 10K pull-up, pull-down, or none.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Feb 24 14:09:53 MST 2016

Quote: jimprince

There is a 10K pull-down on ISP.

So that's almost certainly your problem. From:

[list]
  [*]https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/debug-design
[/list]

Quote:
Always ensure that you have a 10K to 100K Ohm pull up resistor on the ISP pin, otherwise you are unlikely to be able to make a successful debug connection.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jimprince on Wed Feb 24 12:56:10 MST 2016
Yes. There is no way to know what the signals should look like. I see some activity on the SWDCLK and SWDIO but still have no connect error.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by serge on Wed Feb 24 00:27:31 MST 2016
have you read this FAQ? debug design
0 Kudos