cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create multiple windows in a single window usin emwin GUI-Builder Tool

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ravi Teja on Fri May 18 03:35:22 MST 2012
Hi

How to create multiple windows in a single window or a child window in a parent window using the GUIBuilder.exe given by the emwin library.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by drs on Fri May 18 07:02:27 MST 2012
I don't believe there is a way to do this. The GUIBuilder is, by Segger's own admision, a rather weak tool for developing very complex GUIs. This is unfortunate because there are going to be times where you will want to go back and rearrange the look and feel of your GUI after making significant changes beyond what the tool can handle, but once you cross this line there is no going back.
I have found creative ways around its short comings, for example I created an example using graphics which the tool for some reason does not support. So I used the tool to create text boxes of the same size and position as where I wanted the graphs to be and in the code I manually created and positioned those graphs using the size and position of the text widgets. This way I was able to continue to use the tool to change the look of the GUI.
Good luck with this. Segger continues to support and upgrade this tool. Their next version may very well support this. Or if enough people request it they may hear the voices and act.
0 Kudos