How to Enter and Display Data from Keyboard in GUI Guider?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Enter and Display Data from Keyboard in GUI Guider?

nithin3200
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on a GUI Guider project where I need to allow users to enter their name and ID number using a keyboard. Could someone guide me on how to achieve this functionality? Specifically, I need to know:

1. How to capture keyboard input for text fields.
  2. How to display the entered data on the GUI.
  3. Any particular digits or configurations I need to be aware of for handling numeric IDs.

Any example code or references to documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

aswani
Contributor I

Hello  nithin3200,

As for my knowledge you can follow these steps

1. Capture Keyboard Input
  2. Display Entered Data
  3. Handle Numeric IDs

Hope this will help you

Developer
0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nithin3200,

This would have to be done with custom code. LVGL documentation has a section for input devices, including keyboards. Please follow section "keypad or keyboard" of the following page for more information on how to manipulate widgets using a keyboard: Input device interface — LVGL documentation.

Then, the label would have to be changed according to the key pressed, with "lv_label_set_text()", more info here Label (lv_label) — LVGL documentation.

You can also look into the example codes provided by LVGL documentation to see how to implement a function like this: Examples — LVGL documentation.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

nithin3200
Contributor III

HI Edwin,

Thank you for the detailed guidance. I'll review the LVGL documentation sections you referenced and try to implement a custom solution using keyboard input to update the label. The example codes will also be helpful.

I appreciate your support. I'll let you know if I have any other questions.