Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect external sensor to NXP Quick-Jack

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bauer on Thu Oct 29 02:55:20 MST 2015
Hi all,
I want to be able to connect an external analog 0-5V sensor to the NXP Quick-Jack board. I'm looking into using I2C or SPI to connect an external ADC to the Quick Jack board to be able to do this. In the documentation I learned hat the P10 en P11 ports are the SDA and SCL ports for I2C communication. The integrated I2C temperature seems to be allready connected to these ports. If I connect an external I2C ADC to these ports by means of the expension header, do I need to reprogram the chip in order to allow the communication with the external ADC?

Or ar there eassier ways to approach this? All help is appreciated!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mghasan on Sun Dec 13 04:14:23 MST 2015

Quote: nxp69442
Hi Bauer,
Yes, you need to make appropriate changes in LPC812 (I2C) code to talk to this external ADC chip over I2C.
And most probably you would want to send these ADC results to Smart Phone as well.
You can refer our code examples and make necessary changes for your requirement.
https://www.lpcware.com/content/project/smartphone-quick-jack-solution

Hi nxp69442,

I also need to connect external sensor to Quick Jack board and I could not find any code example for it in above link. Could you please help us with code example?

Regards,
Hasan
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcmunich on Thu Oct 29 04:01:01 MST 2015
Hi Bauer,
Yes, you need to make appropriate changes in LPC812 (I2C) code to talk to this external ADC chip over I2C.
And most probably you would want to send these ADC results to Smart Phone as well.
You can refer our code examples and make necessary changes for your requirement.
https://www.lpcware.com/content/project/smartphone-quick-jack-solution
0 Kudos