Cannot communicate to LS device through FS HUB.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot communicate to LS device through FS HUB.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sycc90 on Mon Feb 15 21:17:12 MST 2016
Hello everyone!

I'm developing an application with the LPC4337 uC using the embedded USB HS hardware and the LPCOpen USB library.
I need to communicate with a LS device that's connected downstream from the uC through a FS HUB, unfortunately this does not seem to work. After requesting for a control transfer (with the interface provided by LPCOpen: HcdControlTransfer) it gets stuck waiting for it to finish (by querying the transfer status). If I replace the FS HUB with a HS one then it works perfectly, so that somehow makes me think there's some trouble when dealing the a LS transaction through a FS HUB.
According to the manual (UM10503: section 25.8.1.4), the uC should handle sending the appropiate FS PRE-PID followed by the LS transfer and whatnot. So I'm certain this is supposed to be supported.

Is there anything I can try? It doesn't seem as if there's anything I need to configure (besides the pipe's speed, which I've set to LS as indicated by the manual section I indicated above, is that right?), it appears it's all handled internally by the LPCOpen library, so I'm kind of at a loss as to what to try.
I'll see if I can get a FS device to connect downstream and try that with the FS HUB to see what happens... in the meantime, any ideas?

Thank you all for your help!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sycc90 on Sun Feb 21 13:57:12 MST 2016
Ok, so I managed to get a FS device to connect to the FS HUB and that works perfectly as well.
The problem seems to be exactly what I first described then, communicating with a LS device through a FS HUB.

Does someone have any idea on how to use the LPC4337 like this?

Thank you!
0 Kudos