cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLEV6330B stuck in bootloader

Rambox11
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a CLEV6330 dev board connected to NFC Cockpit.

It was all working fine, then I attempted to update the firmware (using NFC Cockpit) with the firmware supplied with NFC cockpit (in the default folder that opened when selecting the firmware). This process started bootloading, then failed to restart when it finished. 

Now NFC Cockpit can't communicate with the board and I can't attempt to flash it again because the Extra/Secondary FW dropdown control is empty and the 'Start Secondary Firmware' button is grayed out.

The port detected and displayed in cockpit is VCOM_Bootloader @COM4 so I'm guessting it is stuck in the bootloader, but I don't have any tools to do the bootloading and I can't use ther 'Start Secondary Firmware' button to start the process because it's disabled.

I have attached a screenshot of NFC Cockpit below for reference.

Any suggestions you have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-03-05 154452.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Rambox11 

Can you use J-Link to program the bin file directly?

The bin file location is :

C:\nxp\NxpNfcCockpit_v7.4.0.0\firmware\Secondary_RC663\BootLoader_And_Nfcrdlib_SimplifiedAPI_EMVCo_Secondary.bin

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

Rambox11
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

I now have a MCU-LINK Debug Probe which should be able to program the bin file directly (I think ?).

I tried debugging an example project (just to test the probe) and got these erors:

Fail.png

My setup looks like this:

setup.jpg

What app do I need to use to program the chip on the dev board ?

When I installed the driver for the MCU-Link debug probe, it added the VCOM port, but nothing appeared in the 'Human Interface Devices'. The 'Getting Started with the MCU-Link' video shows these being present: 

ReferenceDeviceManager.png

My Device manager looks like this:

MyDeviceManager.png

The vendor defined device appears when the probe is connected to the PC USB instead of the MCU-*** named entries.

I have updated the firmware in the debug probe as described in the video and this was successful.

These entries are not present in my Device Manager. Is this a problem ? If so, do you have any idea how I should fix this ?

Also, I noticed that the dev board is drawing about 90mA and the main processor is getting slightly warm. Could it be that I have programmed it with an incompatible firmware and there is contention on the I/O pins causing this current, or is this normal for this processor ? The current drops to about 20mA when I hold the reset button on the CLEV6330 board which I think tri-states the GPIO and therefore removes contention. This is just a guess though. I'm pretty sure I didn't cause any electrical damage because I haven't connected anything to the board, other than the debug probe (which has only been connected one way round as shown in the setup image), the USB lead and the external power (instead of getting power from the USB connector)

I realise there are a lot of questions, but I am new to the NXP dev environment so don't really know how to proceed to debug this problem.

Thanks in advance

Pete

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Hi  Rambox:

You can use MCUXpresso flash tool,   or flash magic tool,  to program the bin file

danielchen_0-1710301668780.png

https://www.flashmagictool.com/

Please check the jumpers in your board,  should be in the default position, please refer to CLRC663 quick start guider.

Regards

Daniel

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos