BOD is disabled and power below 1.8v

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOD is disabled and power below 1.8v

zerrcol
Contributor I

I have lpc 1778 controller, And I am using all it's peripherals, like I have sensors connected to each peripheral bus, So no Peripheral is free on controller.

I wanted to know , that I have disabled the BOD (brown out detect )interrupt and also masked other software interrupts (software), I got sudden power down in system , as my system went below 1.8 v of operating voltage.
So at this moment, Yes my controller will go power off, but I wanted to know, Will it sudden goes in power down and stops working, or it will go down step-by-step by taking couple of second before actual stop working.

Does any external interrupt triggers at this time except watchdog?

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If the supply voltage is below a certain threshold the device stops working without delays.  When the supply voltage is below the threshold, none of the interrupts will be enabled. And any polling function won't perform anything if the voltage is below the threshold. The interrupts and other functions will be properly functioning only after the voltage is above threshold.

Have a great day,

Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos