Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN11153

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by IanB on Wed Dec 03 13:46:10 MST 2014
Where can I find the source code that goes with AN11153 (DMX receiver)?

I downloaded a zip file called DMX512_RDM_release1 2.0, but its not in there. There's application notes and pcb files, there's even a spreadsheet saying what is in the zip file, but no source code!

Labels (1)
5 Replies

thiagorodrigues
Contributor II

Hello,

Are you still working on this? I´m having issues with the source code, I mean, it compiles normally using LPCXpresso, I flash it using Flash Magic but it does not work, I don´t know why... I can send you the source files and also the .HEX so you can test on your board, and help me if you want...

0 Kudos

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

I wrote my own code based on code I had previously written for ATMEGA and PIC. It looks for the line break using bit 4 of U0LSR, which resets a counter. The next 513 bytes it receives are put in a buffer using the counter as a pointer.

Then it's simple enough to find the  data required by loading byte n+1 from the buffer. I have subsequently rewritten it for LPC8xx/LPC15xx which have the same UART but which is different from the LPC11xx/LPC13xx UART.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by IanB on Mon Dec 08 14:26:32 MST 2014
OK. I'll write my own DMX UART Driver.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by IanB on Fri Dec 05 11:31:13 MST 2014
I have a Mac.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by NXP_Paul on Thu Dec 04 10:33:14 MST 2014
Hi Ian
In the zip file you downloaded, did you see a file called "DMX512_RDM_SDK_1.0_Setup.exe"?  If you run this file, the source code will be installed on your PC.

-  Paul
0 Kudos