cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is difference between KSDK1.2 lib KL27Z4 & KL27Z644

Jump to solution
neilhancock
Contributor IV

All the lib directories have two KL27Z options - KL27Z4 & KL27Z644 - what is the difference ?

I couldn't find any documentation anywhere

KSDK_1.2.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\kds

KSDK_1.2.0\lib\ksdk_freertos_lib\kds

KSDK_1.2.0\lib\ksdk_hal_lib\kds

KSDK_1.2.0\lib\ksdk_startup_lib\kds

Seems like also applies to KL17Z4  KL17Z644.

many thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Neil,

Difference between these 2 libraries are memory footprint and other minimal peripherals changes for both MCUs. If you import ksdk_platform_kl27zxx lib you can see which derivate it is using, in these derivatives, you can see which MCUs are supported and also a reference manual to consult more information:

ksdk_platform_lib.jpg

And if you review both Reference manuals you can see that differences between these processors:

Mainly, you can notice the memory size:

memory size.jpg

So, although both MCUs are KL27Z, they have differences that cause KSDK development team to develop 2 libraries.

I hope this can help

Regards,

Isaac

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
neilhancock
Contributor IV

Hello Isaac, thanks .... just was hoping there was a simpler method I missed.

The context I hope the library builders are thinking of:  I'm about to build a project wiht KL27Z128 - and I see two KL27Z  - how do I know which one to pick, where do I look for info.

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil,

Yes, it can cause confusion, but in every MKXXXX.h file you can find the supported processor for this libraries (as shown in previous figure).

I hope this has helped you.

Have a nice day,

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos
neilhancock
Contributor IV

I guess I found something out - which is if I follow the example for importing and then building a project

KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmkl27z\demo_apps\hello_world

creates project "hello_world_frdmkl27z"

and it requires that that it has "ksdk_platform_lib_KL27Z644"

Further searching through the

KSDK_1.2.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\kds\KL27Z644\.cproject references CPU_MKL27Z64VLH4   &  FRDM_KL27Z

whereas

KSDK_1.2.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\kds\KL27Z4 - only references CPU_MKL27Z256VLH4

There is a family of devices from 64K through 256K (I'm using 128K) - so is it reasonable to assume

that lib\....\KL27Z644 is only for FRDM_KL27Z?

thanks

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Neil,

Difference between these 2 libraries are memory footprint and other minimal peripherals changes for both MCUs. If you import ksdk_platform_kl27zxx lib you can see which derivate it is using, in these derivatives, you can see which MCUs are supported and also a reference manual to consult more information:

ksdk_platform_lib.jpg

And if you review both Reference manuals you can see that differences between these processors:

Mainly, you can notice the memory size:

memory size.jpg

So, although both MCUs are KL27Z, they have differences that cause KSDK development team to develop 2 libraries.

I hope this can help

Regards,

Isaac

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

neilhancock
Contributor IV

Hello Isaac, thanks for the response... I was wondering how do I get the view that you show above.

So I'm in the process of building/importing a project - I have a specific processor I'm planning on using ... so I want to bring up the view you showed above to determine which processor to use.

thanks

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil,

Image about memory size? or the one that shows which derivative is included?

The memory size image was taken from KL27Z reference manual (for both reference manuals) and the other is taken from KDS, when importing the ksdk_platform_lib_XXXX where XXXX makes reference to MCU's part number.

I hope this can help

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos