cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDHC 4bit bus

adyr
Contributor V

Hi,

I think there is a shortfall in the KSDK / Processor Expert SDHC component or driver. Not sure if it is a PEx or KSDK problem so this might be in the wrong place.

I set the bus width to 4 bits in the Init Configurations tab of the fsl_sdhc component but it has no effect on the driver.

It creates "sdhc_buswidth_t fsl_sdhc1_busWidth0 = kSdhcBusWidth4Bit;" in fsl_sdhc1.c but that is never used and SDHC_DRV_Init has the line SDHC_DRV_SetBusWidth(instance, kSdhcBusWidth1Bit);.

Best regards,

Adrian.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian,

Thank you very much for your focus on Freescale Kinetis product. I'm glad to provide service for you.

I was wondering if you can share your project, then I can check this issue.

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adyr
Contributor V

Hi Ping,

I can't see a way to upload on here so I have replied to your email with the project as an attachment.

Basically the project is just a start up using PEx with the KSDK 1.1 and targeted at the IAR compiler. I then added and configured the fsl_sdcard component and then initialise it from a task.

Best regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian,

Thank for your sharing and I'll check the attachment ASAP
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

adyr
Contributor V

Hi,

The FatFS implementation in KSDK 1.2 is now setting the 4 bit mode OK.

Does anyone know if future versions of FatFS will use the fsl_sdcard Pex component?

Adding the component in KDS does help as it ensures the pins and interrupts are setup correctly but it seems the FatFS fsl_sd_disk.c uses it's own instance of the configuration + #defines for card detection etc.

Best regards,

Adrian.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian,

We've also not had some information about the new feature of the updating SDK now and I'll inform you ASAP if I confirm it.
Have a great day,
Ping

adyr
Contributor V

Hi Ping,

I’m not sure how to upload on the forum so hopefully you will get the attached project.

I have started to try and integrate the KSDK fatfs into the project since my post so not sure if it will still produce a working code. I can’t find any documentation for that so it is trial and mainly error.

I also appreciate that the fatfs doesn’t use the PEx information at all.

Best regards,

Adrian.

0 Kudos