Processor Expert High Level Component Missing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert High Level Component Missing

kashyapgada
Contributor III

Being new to Kinetis Design Studio and Processor Expert, I was following a tutorial on Tutorial: ADC with the Freedom Board | MCU on Eclipse

The Issue is the ADC Component which is mentioned in the post to be imported into the Project, is missing in my KDS IDE. I had installed KDS 1.1 and then KSDK. Can Any one help me what is the solution to get ADC high level component back into the component library.

Regards
Kashyap Gada

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kashyap,

For which microcontroller did you create the project?

Have you created the project with the Kinetis SDK enabled? If yes, then the Kinetis SDK does not support these components.

Create the project without the SDK enabled, then you should be able to use this components.

Erich

0 Kudos

kashyapgada
Contributor III

Hello Erich Styger,

Thanks for your reply. I am using KL25z FRDM Board.  I donot know if I had enabled/selected the SDK but yes, I did install it on my KDS IDE. I had installed KDS on two machines, and KSDK on only one and not in other. The one in which KSDK was installed I did not find the ADC High Level component, But in the other machine where i didnot install KSDK the same ADC component was available.

Why are the components not available with KSDK >? What are the benefits of KSDK then?

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,Kashyap,

As Mr Erich said, currently SDK does not support KL25  family. Pls refer to the <<Kinetis SDK release Notes.pdf>> located at:C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0\doc, the KL25 family is not included in the list of processor which SDK supports.

You can use PE to develop code.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

kashyapgada
Contributor III

Hello Erich Styger,

Thanks for your reply. I am using KL25z FRDM Board.  I donot know if I had enabled/selected the SDK but yes, I did install it on my KDS IDE. I had installed KDS on two machines, and KSDK on only one and not in other. The one in which KSDK was installed I did not find the ADC High Level component, But in the other machine where i didnot install KSDK the same ADC component was available.

Why are the components not available with KSDK >? What are the benefits of KSDK then?

0 Kudos