cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No KSDK for new project although vers. 1.2.0 is installed and KSDK_PATH set

Jump to solution
rolffreitag
Contributor III

I installed KSDK 1.2.0, KDS 3.0.0, PE 10.4 and JLink V500, installed the KSDK a second time in KDS via help/install (because the

"installation program" is only a self-extracting archive) and then a third time the same way and now it can't be installed a fourth time because it is already installed:45298_45298.pngksdk1.2.0installed_2015-06-30.png

So now it is fully installed.

I also set the environment variable KSDK_PATH, but i still don't have a KSDK when i start a new Kinetis project for a processor (MK60DN256ZVLL10):

45299_45299.pngno_ksdk_2015-06-30.png

This results in strange errors like my code in the loop in main.c gets deleted and when i am using PE, and many components are shown but not availible, e. g. for gpio1:fsl_gpio i get the error "is not installed in this version of ProcessorExpert".

And without PE i can use no component, so i can use nothing; even LED blinking is not possible!

How can i start a new project with KSDK?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rolffreitag
Contributor III

Yes, the mask revision problem is solved, thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rolf,

yes - it is right, because MK60DN256ZVLL10 is actually no supported by current KSDK 1.2.

So what can I recommend you it use to supported devices. These devices you find at Release Note

I hope this helps you,

Iva

0 Kudos
rolffreitag
Contributor III

Thanks for the answers, but the problem is that i have a board with an MK60DN256ZVLL10 which shold work in a product in a few months.

So what can i do?

Is there a way to use KDS without KSDK?

I tried that but without KSDK i have no components, so nearly nothing.

And what are the alternatives to KDS, for the MK60DN256ZVLL10?

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rolf,

sure, you can create new project in KDS without KSDK.

Just

k60.pngk60_.png

or if you want to work with KSDK, you can follow the steps in the attached guide.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
rolffreitag
Contributor III

Thanks for the answer, but can the platform library for KDS build the same way as for IAR, as described in the migration guide?

How much work (mandays) is necessary for such a migration?

And does this give me the components, e. g. for the GPIO pins for LED toggling?

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rolf,

Yes, it is the same procedure for KDS.

It can take few days, not whole week.

Yes, it will be the same support like for supported devices.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
rolffreitag
Contributor III

Ok, i do migrate due to the migration guide, but i found that the K60D10 files, device specific files and platform files, are already there. So this part is finished fast.

Now i want to check the options at "Build the Platform Library" (page 12), but i can't find the displayed menues. Under project properties there is no "Category" and e. g. no "Assembler". I searched both strings via the "Quick Access" box and the properties search box but got only empty results.

Where can i find the options?

0 Kudos
rolffreitag
Contributor III

I followed the instructions in the migration guide and found out that for MK60DN256ZVLL10 i have to choose MK60DN256VLL10 because they differ only in the DIE mask version.

But for all projects with this processor there is no support for PE and KDS, even in the example projects in the KSDK 1.2! So there is something still missing which is not mentioned in the guide.

Therefore i tried the other way, creating a project with the board twrk60d100 and switching the processor to type MK60DN256VLL10. This works; i can compile and debug with the Segger USB adapter and have the project with KDS and PE!

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rolf,

I´m very sorry for my late response, but I see yourpost and the answer (with mask revision) from my colleague.

Please, is it now your issue solved or still occurs?

Please, let me know.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
rolffreitag
Contributor III

Yes, the mask revision problem is solved, thanks.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The SDK supported devices are listed in

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\ksdk_manifest.xml

And there I see that the variant without the 'Z' is supported by the SDK, but not the one with the 'Z'

pastedImage_0.png

Erich

0 Kudos