Has anyone implemented Bluetooth on a K22F platform?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone implemented Bluetooth on a K22F platform?

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

I have an embedded system based on the K22F and FreeRTOS. I was wondering if anyone has been able to implement Bluetooth in a similar environment.The objective is to be able to use it in the SPP mode to eliminate the cable as well as be able to connect to USB devices that don't support the CDC protocol like smart pones, etc.

If so, what hardware was used for the Bluetooth?

Also, what libraries are available?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

I am sorry, I should have been more explicit. The interest is not in just Bluetooth, but specifically Bluetooth LE 4.0 so that my application is compatible with "the whole world" - iOS, Windows, Linux, Android, etc. Although both the SPI and one UART interface is available, my interest is specifically in has anyone done this through the USB interface - i.e. a USB Bluetooth LE dongle?

Thanks

0 Kudos

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

I suppose you are using a FRDM-K22F and refer to the J3 header for a Bluetooth module, right? If so, the section 14.2 Bluetooth module of the FRDM-K22F Hardware User’s Guide mentions that the board supports communication with an add-on Bluetooth interface, such as the JY-MCU BT V1.05 BT wireless Bluetooth module, over UART.

For more information on using these modules, you can refer to some tutorials from our colleague Erich Styger:

Regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos