frdm-kl25 opensda

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frdm-kl25 opensda

protagora27prot
Contributor I

I'm using cw 10.7 with frdm-kl25z. I have changed kinetis_sysinit adding some handlers (i2c, uart).

I have no more original bootloader but I'm using  DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v108.SDA and MSD-FRDM-KL46Z48M_Pemicro_v112.SDA. I build my srec flash image file. When I use cw with debug command

from tool bar my application is ok, but if i copy with drag and drop my hex file   on msd and then i switch  off and switch on frdm board my hex is not ok. I suppose that bootloader in opensda micro jumps on main of my application skipping kinetis_sysinit and my handler functions. If i run my application inside cw then debugger goes in reset status and runs

kinetis_sysinit. if i use original bootloader ( arriving with a new board) and i copy srec file on msd  when i switch off and switch on the freedom board then my application runs correctly "as if" original bootloader jumps on kinetis_sysyinit  running my handler. My question: how can i run my hex file without cw debug ? have i to use original bootloader ?

Luca

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi protagora27,

If you want to download the hex file to the FRDM-KL25 board, you can use the JLINK firmware.

1. Please download firmware file"12_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL25Z.bin" from this link:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

2. Install the Segger driver, you can download the driver from this link:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

install it in your PC at first.

3. change the FRDM-KL25 board debug firmware to JLINK

1) unplug the board

2) press the reset button on the board, and hold on it, at the same time, plug your board to the PC, you will find your board is a device named as "BOOTLOADER"

Then release the reset button

3) Send "12_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL25Z.bin"  to the "BOOTLOADER"

4) unplug the chip then plug it again.

You will find your board is a device named as "FRDM-KL25ZJ"

4. Open the JLINK command in the JLINK driver

Before you download the hex file, you can use the JLINK command, and input: unlock kinetis

Just to mass erase the chip at first.

5. Send the hex file to the "FRDM-KL25ZJ",  power off and power on again.

The hex app will run.

I have check it on my FRDM-KL25, it works.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos