does USB_STACK_V5.0 work with CodeWarrior 10.6?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does USB_STACK_V5.0 work with CodeWarrior 10.6?

Jump to solution
rhana
Contributor III

It doesn't look like it, I can't import projects, in fact the projects look like they're made for IAR.) Does this mean Codewarrior 10.6 does not support  Kinetis k22?

Will there be support for CodeWarrior in the future?

1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to use the Kinetis Design Studio (Kinetis Design Studio, Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale) for new Kinetis Devices.

The KDS V1.1.0 and the Kinetis SDK (which has the USB stack for K22 in it, Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale) just as been released.

I recommend that you go with that if possible. And it comes with KDS projects (and IAR and Keil).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to use the Kinetis Design Studio (Kinetis Design Studio, Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale) for new Kinetis Devices.

The KDS V1.1.0 and the Kinetis SDK (which has the USB stack for K22 in it, Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale) just as been released.

I recommend that you go with that if possible. And it comes with KDS projects (and IAR and Keil).

rhana
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply. Will the k22 work with the USB Stack V4.1.1 or are they incompatible?

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

The K22 is next generation Kinetis device and is not supported in the USB Stack v4.1.1.

Basically there is a development tool change taking place.  CodeWarrior (CW10.6) is not supporting the newest Kinetis devices and the KDS is supporting the newest and olders devices.  KDS is free.  CodeWarrior is a purchased product and will remain support for several years for existing customer base.

Regards,

David

rhana
Contributor III

Thanks for replying. It doesn't look like the K22 I am using is supported in KDS or the USB5.0 stack either (at the moment.)

I am using the MK22FN1MOVLQ12.

The file "fsl_device_registers.h" do not have my processor listed. This could be a problem.

Are there plans to include it in the future?

0 Kudos