blhost command issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blhost command issue

kenhsu
Contributor II

I am a rookie for KDS developement. Now we used Kinetis KL03 chip and I follow document to type blhost command. some results are different from document. I am not sure whether is our problems or different ROM bootloader issues? The differences are below

D> blhost -p COM11 -- get-property 1

Current Version: 1.0.0

D> blhost -p COM11 -- get-property 12

Reserved Region: Flash: 0x0-0x0 (0 bytes)

D> blhost -p COM11 -- write-memory 0 "{{aa bb cc dd}}"

Wrote 4 of 4 bytes  ---- OK

D> blhost -p COM11 -- read-memory 0 4

Response staus = 10000(0x2710) KStatus_UnknownCommand

Response word 1 = 0(0x0)

Read 0 of 4 bytes

Thanks and best regards

Ken

5 Replies

sensenthuran
Contributor IV

Hi Ping,

does blhost will work with KW41 EVB (default bootloader)?  I am not getting the response back (ping failure). How can i find, what kind of bootloader it has..

Thanks

Sen

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sen,

The Kinetis Bootloader hasn't supported the Kinetis W series now and it will support the W series in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.

2016-06-17_9-17-49.jpg
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

The ROM bootloader in the KL03 hasn't support the read-memory command until now just as the Fig 1 illustrates.

2016-03-11_14-46-03.jpg

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

kenhsu
Contributor II

Dear Ping,

Does another way to check memory's contents? and I mentioned above

D> blhost -p COM11 -- get-property 12

Reserved Region: Flash: 0x0-0x0 (0 bytes)

Flash Region always show 0, is it OK?

Sincerely

Ken

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

The KL03 also has the ROM bootloader, in another word, the kind of bootloader doesn't reside in the flash.

So the reserved region is 0x0~0x0.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping