cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which pins support open drain output?

Jump to solution
Laartoor
Contributor III

I am using the MK10DX256VLH7, and I want to use the open drain output functionality. When I check the data sheet, it tells me about the ODE bit in the PORTx_PCRn configuration register, and says in the features overview:

"Individual open drain field supporting enable and disable of the individual open drain output on selected pins"

Unfortunately I can nowhere find a list telling me which pins support open drain output. Does this exist anywhere?

( I could test every pin by checking whether I can change ODE, but I would rather not go that route)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
santiago_lopez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Laartoor,

The MCU you are using supports ODE on all its GPIOs so you don´t have to worry. Other MCUs like the Kinetis KL26 have restrictions in certain pins. In this specific case, you can find those restrictions in the MCU Reference Manual on the Chapter 3 "Chip Configuration" under the section "Human-machine interfaces-->GPIO configuration"

Saludos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Laartoor
Contributor III

Gracias

0 Kudos
santiago_lopez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Laartoor,

The MCU you are using supports ODE on all its GPIOs so you don´t have to worry. Other MCUs like the Kinetis KL26 have restrictions in certain pins. In this specific case, you can find those restrictions in the MCU Reference Manual on the Chapter 3 "Chip Configuration" under the section "Human-machine interfaces-->GPIO configuration"

Saludos

0 Kudos