What is the difference between freedom_bootloader, flashloader_loader and flashloader? Which is the truly flash-resident bootloader project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between freedom_bootloader, flashloader_loader and flashloader? Which is the truly flash-resident bootloader project

Contributor II

I want to develop a flash-resident bootloader project, using my own board, the chip is kl17z128vfm4, because the circuit pins can not be changed, the ROM bootloader can not be used. I downloaded the kl28 SDK on the NXP official website. There are three projects under the bootloader_examples folder. I want to know which one can be used to porting the flash-resident bootloader.bootloader_examples.PNG

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi James:

Please refer to the description below:

Flashloader:  bootloader that executes from target RAM memory on either the Freedom, Tower or MAPS platform.

Flashloader_loader: bootstrap loader that executes from flash memory on either the Freedom or Tower platform. This loader copies an image of the flashloader into RAM, then executes the flashboader from RAM.

The flashboader_loader project uses the output of the flashloader build to create the flashloader image to load into RAM. For this reason, the flashloader project must be built before building the flashloader_loader project.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos