cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MXQ with Processor Expert

FabianS
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to work with MQX 3.7 and Processor Expert on CodeWarrior 10.1 SE.

First question: Should I create a MQX project or a Processor Expert project?

When using a MQX project the Processor Expert is not working. It says this is not a Processor Expert project and I should select an other one.

When using a Processor Expert project I can add MXQ as a module but then I am not able to compile the project because of missing MQX includes.

Has someone a solution for that problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the following file: C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\doc\FSL_MQX_3_7_in_CW_10_1.pdf 

PE section starts at page 89.

That should get you up and going with PE and MQX!

0 Kudos

drb
Contributor II

hello,

I also need help.

i tried to follow the steps in this document C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.8\doc\tools\cw\FSL_MQX_in_CW_10_x.pdf

I am doing the procedures on the Section: CW10.x, MQX and Processor Expert.

When I try to debug my program on the TWR-K60N512, it say "Low Power Wait", when I try to pause the program, it always stay in the dispatch.s. I put a breakpoint on the tasks and neither of them are executed.

Hoping for your help. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

FabianS
Contributor II

Thanks for that tip.

Now I know that it is possible to create a project with MQX and PE but how do I create my own project or do I have to use and modify that demo project?

0 Kudos

brad_ci
Contributor II

I would also like to know this.

0 Kudos

marek_vinkler
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Processor Expert is integrated with BSP. PEx project is a part of BSP library. If you open the existing BSP project which is based on PEx (project suffix _pe) in CW you will see Processor Expert folder in the project panel. This is the right place to add additional PEx components or make changes in component settings. When you build the BSP library all necessary files are copied into {MQX}\lib{BSP name} directory (e.g. twrk60n512.cw10). There are also C libraries (e.g. bsp_twrk60n512_d.a). This library is added by the project wizard into your newly created MQX application. MQX 3.7 contains two BSPs based on PEx. One for TWR-MK40 and the second one for TWR-MK60. Just note that PEx based BSP and non PEx based BSP uses the same name for BSP library (.a file) and directory in {MQX}\lib. It means you can easily build a BSP with/without PEx without modifying of your application (library paths are the same).

Modifying of the existing PEx demo applications is the best way how to start with PEx-MQX. These demos you can find in and directory in {MQX}\demo\pe_demo. Note that you should build BSP with PEx first ...

If you need an additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact me ...

0 Kudos

RAMIROJAVIERPOD
Contributor I

Hello , I need use Processor expert wiht MQX proyect in a TWRMCF52259 KIT,    and ,   could not find a  bsp_twrmcf52259_pe

My answer is.... exist this bsp ? ,

how i can work with the processor expert , whit MQX in the KIT twrmcf52259 ?

0 Kudos

marek_vinkler
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately not. Processor Expert is tightly integrated with MQX for Kinetis platform only not for other platforms, e.g. ColdFire V1-V4. On other platforms, many customers use PEx generated drivers directly in MQX application. There is necessary to correctly install interrupt service routines via MQX API yourself in the application before initialization of PEx driver. This is not convenient way but it works. You can find an example how to install PEx interrupt service routines in MQX on MQX forum.

Marek

0 Kudos