cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MCUXpresso with FRDM board

Circuit_Man
Contributor I

Hi NXP,

I have the FRDM-KE02Z40M board. I am trying to run my code in MCUXpresso, but I get the following error messages when I try to run. I have attached snapshots of the errors. The second snapshot has more details of the error. I don't know how to resolve this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Do other examples/projects work fine? Or is it just this project?

And you did use the 'blue' debug icon, right?

ErichS_0-1632807357001.png

Could it be that launching the gdb executable is blocked by your firewall? Try disabling it, or check if there is a 'confirm access' or similar dialog in the background.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

Circuit_Man
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

This is my first program using MCUXpresso and the FRDM-KE02Z40M board.

I clicked on the blue Debug icon and another box opened, whose snapshot is attached. It is asking if I have probes. I do not have any probes (MCUXpresso CMSIS-DAP, P&E micro probes, nor SEGGER J-Link probes). Do I need to purchase these probes in order to test my code or is there a way I can bypass this probes dialog box and continue testing my code?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

The FRDM board has an on-board circuit, programmed by default as P&E probe as far as I know. But if you are using Windows 10 and if the board came with an outdated bootloader, it possibly has been put back in a non-working mode. See https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/08/01/bricking_and_recovering_opensda_boards_in_windows_8_and_10/ about recovering it, or how to update it: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/11/01/illustrated-step-by-step-instructions-updating-the-freescale-fre...

I hope this helps,

Erich

Tags (1)

Circuit_Man
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

I have the FRDM-KE02Z40M board. Will the FRDM-KE02Z files work for my KE02Z40M board?

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

yes, they should.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Circuit_Man,

If the bootload and firmware works on your PC, then you don't need to update it. If not, I think the MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KE02Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA can be used, since I didn't see the file for 40MHz FRDM board.

Best Regards,
Robin

0 Kudos

Circuit_Man
Contributor I

Hi Robin,

I have successfully updated the bootloader on my FRDM-KE02Z40M board. But I get the following error when I build my code. The error message is attached and the error is circled in red. The error is saying "Program file does not exist." Does this have something to do with my PC's directory structure? As you can see, I am new to using MCUXpresso. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

"Program file does not exist" means that the .axf file has not been created. Your screenshot shows that there is a build error, so your application was not able to compile/link. You need to fix this first.

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

@Circuit_Man 

In your screen shot you are covering the build results but it looks like the "Build failed" (It's cut off by the error window).  If that's the case, then of course there isn't a build file, it's only created when the build completes successfully.  

Please confirm the state of the build.  

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your help!

Recovering OpenSDA Boards with Windows 10

One of my customer told me: When I rebooted and double checked that the services were stopped. They were not and I had to re-stop them. Then started working as described. Got the boot loader and app code flashed and verified. 

Maybe it was the reason sometimes that approach seems not to work?

Best Regards,
Robin

0 Kudos