Unable to load hello world on from-k64f

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load hello world on from-k64f

tdnxp
Contributor I

I am trying to load the blinky hello world onto my frdm k64-f from the following link, but am not having any success. I download the specified file and drag it onto a drive that appears on my desktop called "boot loader". After the file is transferred, boot loader disappears from my desktop. However, the LED labelled LED 1 on that page does not begin blinking, neither after pressing the reset button, or after removing all connections to the board to force a power cycle. Does anyone have any recommendations as to why this may be the case?

FRDM-K64F | Mbed 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

if the board is showing up as 'bootloader', then there is no OpenSDA firmware loaded on the board or you are indeed in bootloader mode. All what you can do is loading a new OpenSDA firmware.

I recommend you load a OpenSDA firmware, see Illustrated Step-by-Step Instructions: Updating the Freescale Freedom Board Firmware | MCU on Eclips...  and OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP .

If you are using Windows 10 and your board has an older bootloader, then you might face the problem that Windows affects your OpenSDA application. In that case, the following might be helpful: Bricking and Recovering OpenSDA Boards in Windows 8 and 10 | MCU on Eclipse 

There is as well an updated DAPLink Bootloader available, see Adding a Delay to the ARM DAPLink Bootloader | MCU on Eclipse  and board-recovery-instructions/win10-interface-update.md at mpl_updates · maclobdell/board-recovery-ins... 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos