cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Enumeration Pass through

s_v_s_kumar
Contributor I

Hello Team,

We are working on a project please guide us is our requirement is achievable or not.

We would like to use k70 in our project. The K70 has USB interface can be acted as host and gadget.

Is the enumeration of the host can be passed to gadget driver dynamically? 

For better understanding see the following example.

The K70 is connected to PC as a gadget and any USB device(3G/Wi-Fi dongle) is connected to the K70 then the

enumeration from the K70 host should be passed to gadget driver dynamically.

The PC should see the USB device(3G/Wi-Fi dongle) is it possible.

If it can be done how complex in making it work?

Thanks & Regards,

Siva Kumar

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you very much for your focus on Freescale Kinetis product. I am glad to provide service for you.

After I've had a look through your questions, I think your idea of K70 act "HUB" role could work out.

We can find that K70 has two USB OTG controllers which are USBOTG and USBHS and these USB OTG controllers both could work in device mode or host mode.

So it's available to K70 act as device to PC, meanwhile K70 act as host to other peripheral USB devices.

However it need use the both of USB OTG controllers in K70 to achieve this implementation.

And You should integrate device_mode and host_mode demo code which are provided from FSL USB Stack, beause there's no similar demo in FSL USB Stack.

FSL USB stack information link as follow:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MEDICALUSB&fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

s_v_s_kumar
Contributor I

Hello,

Thank for your reply, from your response we installed code warrior studio and created a MQX 4.1 project but on the IDE

we are unable to select the support of USB host and device mode at a time. But in our project we need both support for

both USB in the host and device mode.So please give me some suggestions regarding this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva Kumar

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Kinetis support team only handle the questions of bare board that without run with any system.

So I've already moved your question to MQX team and I'm sorry for bringing any inconvenience to you.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos