cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-LCD-RGB and TWR-K60N512

Jump to solution
weblar
Contributor V

Does anyone know if its possible to hook the TWR-LCD-RGB module up to the TWR-K60N512 tower stack?

Looking at the schematics, it seems that the LCD module uses a 24-bit interface which I can presumably drive through GPIO.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kev,

Perhaps you could hook any other smaller TFT, smaller resolution and 16bpp using GPIO and DMA to generate the Pixel clock and Hsync, Vsync + RGB data (565). But for TWR-LCD-RGB you need 480x320x 24bpp= 345600 bytes to mantain your video memory (frame buffer). So you don't have enough RAM. For QVGA @ 16bpp you need around 153 Kbytes of RAM. For TWR-LCD-RGB you need K70.

Best Regards,

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gagangarg
Contributor II

Hey Kevin,

I am also working on same kind of project. I am also using gpio pins to drive the lcd .

I am at the early stage of project. I just want to simply transfer data from sram to gpio port .But I am facing a mysterious problem. that it suddenly stops of no reason. the data on gpio doesnt modify but the request to dma is given at regular time. I am using port C's  0-7 pin for this purpose and it always struct when its lower nibble faces data 0x08. I know its funny. i have tried several thing but couldnt find the problem. I think there is a problem with the multiplexing of pins.

It would be great if u could share your code with me

Regards,

Gagan Garg

0 Kudos
weblar
Contributor V

Hi,

I'm not sure I'm able to help as I am not using DMA, just raw GPIO control.

I would like to use DMA though so if you could share your code, I'd gladly help where I can.

Kind regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kev,

Perhaps you could hook any other smaller TFT, smaller resolution and 16bpp using GPIO and DMA to generate the Pixel clock and Hsync, Vsync + RGB data (565). But for TWR-LCD-RGB you need 480x320x 24bpp= 345600 bytes to mantain your video memory (frame buffer). So you don't have enough RAM. For QVGA @ 16bpp you need around 153 Kbytes of RAM. For TWR-LCD-RGB you need K70.

Best Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
weblar
Contributor V

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your reply.

I completely forgot to take into account the RAM requirements.

K70 it is then.

0 Kudos