TWR-K60D100M sensorless brushless dc motor control using TWR-MC-LV3PH

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K60D100M sensorless brushless dc motor control using TWR-MC-LV3PH

tc_14
Contributor I

If I use a motor with a number of pole pairs 24, Motor doesn't reach to the speed input applied.

Duty cycle max. out to 100%. Is there any easy fix for that in the software?

Thank you,

TC

8 Replies

robotjosh
Contributor IV

The tower system is "All open source" unfortunately that doesn't mean the motor driver code is open source.  Maybe I'm wrong, does anyone have the motor driver source code?

0 Kudos

eduardo_viramon
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

TC, have you solved this issue? I can certainly help you. Have you checked out the documentation available? AN4597 is a guide on tuning to sample code to fit your motor.

Let me knowm,

Eduardo V.

0 Kudos

robotjosh
Contributor IV

There is only a precompiled .a file.  I guess its open source in the sense that you can disassemble it and see what is happening in assembly.

0 Kudos

eduardo_viramon
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Josh, the code referenced by TC is open source. The only part that is not open source is the motor control libraries, and, to clarify, this is just the math behind the motor control, PI controller and such. That is precompiled because it is Freescale IP, but documentation is available for you to use the library API.

The MQX libraries may be there as a library but the MQX download allows you to download all of MQX and recompile the libraries as needed.

0 Kudos

robotjosh
Contributor IV

It seems arrogant to claim math as your property and keep the details hidden from your own customers.

0 Kudos

eduardo_viramon
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm sorry you disapprove. I did not mean "math" in general, but rather the implementation Freescale engineers have done for motor control math in our microcontrollers, some of it is control text books some of it is actually invented by Freescale, but in either case, the implementation is Freescale-only and we have decided to keep it close-sourced.

If you wish to continue this discussion please open a separate thread or if you need the source code for a specific purpose, please talk to your Freescale sales rep.

Within this thread we should focus on TC's original issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. Kinetis Microcontrollers or Tower Geeks ) to get it visible for active members.

For details please see general advice Where to post a Discussion?

Thank you for using Freescale Community.