cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-ADCDAC over SPI with K70F120M

stefanmay
Contributor I

Dear community,

I am a bit frustrated about the documentation of the Kinetis tower and its modules. Can anyone give me advices for the SPI timing parameters needed to run the LTC2600 on TWR-ADCDAC?

I am using Processor Expert with MQX, since I was expecting a proper tool-driven support.

What are the correct parameters for

- Clock rate

- Delay between chars

- CS to CLK delay

- CLK to CS delay

?

I cannot establish a stable communication. Your help is very appreciated.

Best regards,

Stefan May

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

From LTC2600 datasheet, the K70 max. SPI speed 30MHz should works with LTC2600 (LTC2600 could support SPI speed 50MHz);

LTC2600 timing diagram.png

LTC2600 SPI timing.png

Delay between chars, the LTC2600 Min. is 10ns, so SPIx_CTARn[PDT] using the reset value 0b0 should be ok.

LTC2600 could support CS TO CLK delay min. 7ns, which is much smaller than K70 DSPI CS to CLK delay (K70 datasheet is about 30ns);

The SPIx_CTARn[PCSSCK] can keep the reset value 0b0;

CLK to CS delay without related info at LTC2600, The SPIx_CTARn[PASC] keep the reset value 0b0.

Have a great day,
best regards,

Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos