cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup_Code trouble with kinetis & PE

Jump to solution
lander
Contributor IV

In the instructions that show how to set up processor expert for a CW10.3 project with the K20 family, it states that I must remove files "kinetis_sysinit.c" and "kinetis_sysinit.h" because they will interfere with PE.  I could not find those files in Project Settings>Startup_Code like the document stated I would.  I'm wondering why they aren't there to delete.

Also, I'm running into problems with initialization and my startup.c file.  These are the errors as follows...

Description Resource Path Location Type

Undefined : "__DATA_RAM" startup.c /NewMemProject/Sources/common line 103 C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "__DATA_END" startup.c /NewMemProject/Sources/common line 103 C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "__DATA_ROM" startup.c /NewMemProject/Sources/common line 103 C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "__VECTOR_RAM" startup.c /NewMemProject/Sources/common line 103 C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "__VECTOR_TABLE" startup.c /NewMemProject/Sources/common line 103 C/C++ Problem

Link failed. NewMemProject    C/C++ Problem

mingw32-make: *** [NewMemProject.afx] Error 1 NewMemProject    C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "___BOOT_STACK_ADDRESS" NewMemProject  line 0, external location: C:\Users\Liz.Anderson\Desktop\Freescale Tower\DemoCodeK20D72M\KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\build\cw\NewMemProject\MK20DX256_INTERNAL_FLASH\cw_crt0_s.obj C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "__BOOT_STACK_ADDRESS" NewMemProject  line 0, external location: C:\Users\Liz.Anderson\Desktop\Freescale Tower\DemoCodeK20D72M\KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\build\cw\NewMemProject\MK20DX256_INTERNAL_FLASH\vectors_c.obj C/C++ Problem

And the startup.c code where the first half of the errors are is as follows:

void

common_startup(void){

#if(defined(CW))

extern char __START_BSS[];

extern char __END_BSS[];

extern uint32 __DATA_ROM[];

extern uint32 __DATA_RAM[];

extern char __DATA_END[];

#endif

How much of their code do I have to modify to make this work?  I'm just trying to make UART work and hopefully make sure I can work with the memory of the chip.

Thank you,

Liz

1 Solution
lander
Contributor IV

I have solved my issue but the PEx setup instructions are here: Freescale Technical Information Center

I hope this link works.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
adriansc
Contributor IV

Hi,

Where did you find that instructions about PEx setup?

Regards.

0 Kudos
lander
Contributor IV

I have solved my issue but the PEx setup instructions are here: Freescale Technical Information Center

I hope this link works.

adriansc
Contributor IV

It is good to know that you have solved your problem. Go on with your project!!.

Maybe you can post how you solved it in order to help other members.

Regards.