cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming K64F in production

danielcaetano
Contributor III

Hi all,

We are approaching production phase of a board we developed based on the K64FN1M0VLQ12 processor, and are faced with the problem of in-factory programming of the mcu.

All we needed was to download the Kinetis Bootloader (which unfortunately does not come pre-programmed) via JTAG into the mcu, and we could handle the rest via COM port.

We were looking for the simplest affordable solution and found the mikroProg programmer mikroProg for Kinetis - ARM USB 2.0 Programmer/Debugger | MikroElektronika .

What we would like to know is if anyone has tried this product before and recommends it, or if there is another solution we missed.

Thank you all very much,

Daniel

Labels (1)
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

I have not used that programmer from microe. But if it comes to production programming, I think you don't want to risk anything. I recommend that you look at dedicated programmes for factory programming, as normal development tools (and especially the debug circuit on evaluation boards) are not designed for that. There are different vendors like P&E and Segger for this, and we have used both of them for our production programming (both manual and automated) at the university, see Flashing many ARM Boards without a Host PC | MCU on Eclipse .

I hope this helps,

Erich

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel Caetano,

I don't have the experience of your programmer.

Normally, we use the JLINK, P&E multilink, or the on board debugger with jlink, opensda, cmsis dap.

From your programmer link description, it should works.

Actually, if you have the official board, for example, FRDM-K64, you also can use the on board debugger with JLINK firmware to download the code, but in the product phase, you should better to find a external programmer or the debugger.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------