Problem to adapt MCUXPresso project for kboot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to adapt MCUXPresso project for kboot

PedroCastro
Contributor III

I am trying to adapt a MCUXPresso project in order to flash my MKL25 using kboot. I have already followed the tutorials regarding KDS, but it is not straightforward to do the same at MCUXPresso IDE. I have been using a blinking led driver example imported from the installed SDK and I modified the the flash section as follows:

MEMORY
{
  /* Define each memory region */
  m_data (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x8800, LENGTH = 0x17800 /* 94K bytes (alias Flash) */  
  m_text (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x8400, LENGTH = 0x400 /* 1K bytes (alias Flash2) */  
  m_bca (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x83c0, LENGTH = 0x40 /* 64 bytes (alias Flash3) */  
  m_interrupts (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x8000, LENGTH = 0x3c0 /* 960 bytes (alias Flash4) */  
  SRAM (rwx) : ORIGIN = 0x1ffff000, LENGTH = 0x4000 /* 16K bytes (alias RAM) */  
}

Since the scripts are not the same compared to KDS, I may have to do extra steps in order to achieve my goal. If there is any tutorial for this issue I would appreciate it very much!

3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pedro,

Could you please share which tutorials on KDS ?

And also tell me MCUXpresso IDE version, and the error when use MCUXpresso IDE.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

PedroCastro
Contributor III

Hello Alice,

It is a pdf called "How to adapt KDS applications for KBOOT" from the link: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-256669 

The MCUXPresso version is the v10.0.0_344 and there is not a error like compilation error. When I generate the .bin file and upload it via kboot, the upload proccess goes fine but the application program simply does not start. It may be a problem regarding bad memory initialization, I suppose. I may have not set the memory spaces correctly.

Thanks for the support

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pedro,

I use the led SDK demo to test, it can work well, only need change  the PROGRAM_FLASH Location from 0x0000 to 0x8000 in MCU settings :

pastedImage_1.png

build project, then  create .bin file :

pastedImage_2.png

Now you can use the KBOOT to flash it to board.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------