Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK10 FLASH PROTECT QUESTION

jacklin_123
Contributor I

jacklin_123_0-1715739678815.png

jacklin_123_1-1715739725461.png

jacklin_123_0-1715740188747.png

1.step 1 -- set FPROT3 register 0x00 (Essentially, linker_file)

1.step 2 -- I use codewarrior ide to program my mk10dx128 MCU ,the MCU can work normally.

2.step 3 -- I reset the chip by repowering it,it can not work normally.

3.step 4 -- wo use jflash to read the code(.bin) ,why  it is all 0xFF,I can't understand what's going on!!!

If anyone knows, please let me know the solution, thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

From your description that the K10 can run fine with CodeWarrior, but can not run in standalong mode and the reading code from 0x00 are all FF. It appears that you do not write the application code and vector table in flash.

Pls check the link file and check the location of the application code and vector table in the codewarioor debugger tools. I suppose that the application code and vector table is put in SRAM.

I suppose that flash configuration field is okay, the protection register does not take effect on the running.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

jacklin_123
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer

I am sorry that the previous steps were incorrectly described.

Here are the steps for my real test,

1.step 1 -- set FPROT3 register 0x00 (Essentially, linker_file)

1.step 2 -- I use codewarrior ide to program my mk10dx128 MCU ,the MCU can work normally.

2.step 3 -- close codewarrior,then I reset the chip by repowering it,it can work normally.

3.step 4 -- The strange thing is that i use j-flash to connect this chip, the entire flash will be erased.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Okay, the K10 works fine with CW tools or standalone.

Because the jflash is third party tools, can you ask the Segger support why the flash is erased when you read flash?

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos