Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso does not have MKE18F256VLH16 MCU available

Jump to solution
David61
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using a TWR-KE18F dev board which has a MKE18F512VLL16 MCU fitted. I have developed some simple SW on this and now want to try and run it on my own target HW which has a MKE18F256VLH16 MCU fitted, just to see if my board is basically working.

The SW crashes just after the Clock Configuration runs below

/* Set SCG to SPLL mode. */
// CLOCK_SetRunModeSysClkConfig(&g_sysClkConfig_BOARD_BootClockRUN); // 

and I am wondering if its because I am using the smaller memory LQFP 64 pin part?

I can not select this part on the drop down menu (it's not available) so how do I update my MCUXpresso to have this part available?... assuming that's the source of my SW crash problem 

Many thanks, David.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

After install the SDK of MKE18F256VLH16, you should be able to edit MCU.

Install KE18F256.pngEdit MCU MKE18F256VLH16.png

Please check if the clock source, the demo may use external 8MHz crystal, how about your own target HW.

8MHz crystal.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David61
Contributor I

Hi Robin,

Thanks very much for getting back to me and yes that has solved my problem! It was a combination of being able to download & select my exact MCU and then modify the clocking diagram for my external 16Mhz crystal, instead of the default 8Mhz part.

Thanks again, David61.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

After install the SDK of MKE18F256VLH16, you should be able to edit MCU.

Install KE18F256.pngEdit MCU MKE18F256VLH16.png

Please check if the clock source, the demo may use external 8MHz crystal, how about your own target HW.

8MHz crystal.png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos