cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso IDE v11.5.0 : fatal error when building project

Bela
Contributor II

Hello,

Recently, I created a MCUXpresso project with FDRM-K64F demo board (I have downloaded and imported the SDK) but when I try to build the project, the following message appear : "fatal error: fsl_common.h: No such file or directory"

Bela_0-1644332233162.png

Bela_1-1644332677840.png

Anyone know what is going on ? And how can I fix the problem ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

You have to check your compiler settings, if the necessary include folders are present in the -i list:

In your case the 'drivers' seems to be missing in the list:

ErichStyger_0-1645338660534.png

Make sure it looks like in the screenshot above, or as this:

"${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/drivers}"

Notice the double quotes around the path, just in case your workspace path has spaces in it.

I recommend that you check (or share) the console output you have in your screenshot for the commmand line passed to the compiler too.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

Bela
Contributor II

Hello gentlemen,

I solved the issu when I change the directory of my workspace. I don't know why it works but it works...

For clarification, I recently changed my computer (to a more powerful one) but the workspace that works was created by the previous person who had my current computer. I think the folders that contain the includes I need are in the previous person's directory.

I am going to try to move the includes in my new workspace...

Thanks

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

Avoid paths that contain spaces in them.

0 Kudos

aaronminner
Contributor III

I saw something very similar the other day when I was desperate to get my project to recognize one particular include file that MCUXpresso just would not load, even though the parent directory was included in the Includes configuration screen, and other include files in that directory worked just fine.  I ended up clicking the Project Properties --> Restore Defaults button, and everything went to heck after that.  I couldn't fix it, even after manually entering all of the Include directories and adjusting their orders: I suspect the "Restore Defaults" just wrecks the XML that configures the project.  Don't use this button on a working project.  I ended up deleting the project - after saving the main source file I needed - and creating a new one.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bela 

I would like to apologize for the delay, we are experiencing a high volume of questions these days. I really appreciate your patience.

Regarding your issue, my suggestion is to import a SDK example like 'hello world' or 'led blinky', build the project and once there is no errors, then you can start developing your code.

To import a SDK example, you must go to the quick start panel 'import SDK example', select your dev. board, click on next and then you select the project to import and click finish. I will attach a couple of images as a guide.

PabloAvalos_0-1645152005022.pngPabloAvalos_1-1645152105899.png

Hope this was helpful, please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos