cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis FRDM-K64 Dev Board, power cycle required after debug

lukevassallo95
Contributor I

Hello, 

I am getting started with the Kinetis FRDM-K64F development board and have set up MCUXpresso IDE and loaded the SDK containing the example files. 

The issue I am encountering occurs after I successfully debug my project. When I'm finished debugging I press Terminate debug (button with a red square), modify some code and try to debug again. An error occurs indicating a 'read time out' and as a solution indicates that I should power cycle my board. After I do so, it works again for just one time. 

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? or is it something I am doing wrong? 

Luke

error.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lukevassallo95
Contributor I

Thank you for the reply Sabina. I could not find my current version of the OpenSDA bootloader, so I went ahead and updated to the latest version given that it was a simple procedure. I have restarted the IDE many times using file -> restart, but the issue still persisted. 

The power cycle issue is present on all the projects. I have created three projects and I've observed this behaviour in all three. Currently I will be using the bubble demo app, so that we are on the same page. 

Something that seems to solve the power cycle issue was by cleaning up the debug session. After I terminated the debug session I additonally clicked the 'clean up debug' button ( red square button with a cross on the bottom right side ) and did not require a power cycle afterwords. Do you perform this procedure as well as the link server seems to be shut down everytime ?

Many Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hey Luke,

I've been trying to replicate the same behavior you are experiencing, but have not been able to. At this point I would suggest to make sure you have the latest OpenSDA bootloader.

You can find the download link here.

Also, I wanted to ask you, after you get this error message have you tried closing MCUXpresso and restarting it in addition to power cycling the board. If so, does the error persist? Is it happening with the demo_apps_bubble example only or do you get it with other examples too? If so can you tell me what is it that you modified to see if its causing the issue.

Thank you,

Sabina

0 Kudos

lukevassallo95
Contributor I

Hello Sabina!

I have MCUXpresso v10.3.0 [Build 2200] running on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS. The development board revision is 700-28163 REV E. 

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luke,

My name is Sabina I will be helping you out with your issue. To go ahead and check how to fix this error message you are getting, I will need the revision of the board you are using, the version of MCUXpresso and the operating system that you have.

Thank you!

Have a great day!

Sabina

0 Kudos