Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW38 CAN wake up error

Jump to solution
Andy_Wang_JP
Contributor III

Hi NXP Team

I try to wake up my FRDM-KW38 EVB through CAN .

I use example project "frdmkw38_power_mode_switch" to implement this function(have added flexcan driver).

First of all, I make KW38 get into STOP mode(as Partial Stop2),then I can wake up KW38 successfully by using PEAK CAN USB and BUSMASTER to send the message.

But when I woken up KW38 ,the Busmaster will show some errors as below

Andy_Wang_JP_0-1665043893750.png

and if I repeat the sleep and wake up process about 4 times,the KW38 can't wake up by CAN anymore,that seems like BUS OFF is happened.Because if I reconnect PEAK CAN USB ,and send message again,It can wake up.

I've tried several different configurations, but it still happen.   

Could you please teach how to prevent this issue?

Thanks for yours help.

Andy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Andy,

Thanks for your email on KW38 development.

We saw you use "frdmkw38_power_mode_switch" to add flexCAN driver. We have AN12273 application note describing the use of CAN and LIN driver and it is proven by our expert. Could you use and follow this AN12273 as based project file to test "wake up" behavior ?  

I am your local contact window and I can be reached by jason.chiang@nxp.com.if you have further question. Thanks !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Andy,

Thanks for your email on KW38 development.

We saw you use "frdmkw38_power_mode_switch" to add flexCAN driver. We have AN12273 application note describing the use of CAN and LIN driver and it is proven by our expert. Could you use and follow this AN12273 as based project file to test "wake up" behavior ?  

I am your local contact window and I can be reached by jason.chiang@nxp.com.if you have further question. Thanks !

0 Kudos
Andy_Wang_JP
Contributor III

Hi Jason 

Thanks for your reply, and share the file. I'll follow the document and check the CAN behavior.

If I get something different than I thought or something I misunderstanding, I'll contact you directly.

That will be very helpful.

Thanks

Andy 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos