Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL46Z FRDM internal flash using

Jump to solution
mohamedessadoun
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using KL46Z FRDM board and I want to use internal flash to store data through FTFA commands. I am able to erase blocks and program longWords (4 bytes). The problem is about timing : it takes long time in each Program longword before CCIF flag is set (around 176us while datasheet KL46P121M48SF4.pdf says 65 us) so it takes around 500ms to program 32 KB.

Did someone experience same problem? Writing data 32 bits by 32 bits is the best way?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello mohamedessadouni:

The flashing time should be measured from the moment the command is launched by clearing CCIF (write 1 to clear). Also, the datasheet specifies 65 us as typical, but the maximum time is 145 us.

KL46_flash.png

About programming, for Kinetis L there is no "Program Section" command, so yes, you have to write 32 bits at a time.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mohamedessadoun
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,
Sorry for my late answer

Yes I saw maximum was 145, but I was just surprised to see that we were around this value (which is the maximum) at each write operation. I was expecting to reach max value only sometimes.
Anyway, those times are acceptable for my application.

Thank you guys.

Mohamed Essadouni

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello mohamedessadouni:

The flashing time should be measured from the moment the command is launched by clearing CCIF (write 1 to clear). Also, the datasheet specifies 65 us as typical, but the maximum time is 145 us.

KL46_flash.png

About programming, for Kinetis L there is no "Program Section" command, so yes, you have to write 32 bits at a time.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos