cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K28F :: Debugging, flash programming, and serial communication over USB

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Hello,

I need a way to debugging, flash programming and serial communication over USB with the Kinetis K28 and K26.

It's possible only with the K26 or K28 mcus or I need to implement a adapter with the K20?

Best regards

Labels (2)
3 Replies

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Ok,

In OPENSDAUG.pdf say:

The MSD Flash Programmer is designed to program a specific target configuration. It does not support
verification or configuration and is not recommended as a production programmer. The Cyclone
products from P&E Microcomputer Systems are recommended for production programming. They
provide production programming solutions with many different features and verification options that
are highly configurable: http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/tools.
The MSD Flash Programmer also provides a USB communications device class (CDC) interface that
bridges serial communications between the USB Host and a UART serial interface on the target
processor. The drivers required to install this USB CDC device on a Windows operating system are
embedded within the pseudo file system of the MSD Flash Programmer itself. USB drivers are available
at www.pemicro.com/opensda that can be preinstalled; however, it is not necessary to do so to run
the MSD Flash Programmer. If Windows fails to find the CDC drivers on its own, the OS can be pointed
to the drivers on the MSD Flash Programmer’s removable drive.
Board and flash programming operation status are also available in text files on the removable drive.
The same files that are accessible in the MSD Bootloader are also available in the MSD Flash
Programmer’s removable drive. Figure 3 shows the files available on the FRDM-KL25Z hardware. Refer
to Table 1 for a description of each file.
NOTE: The MSD Flash Programmer currently only operates correctly on Windows operating systems.
However, the USB CDC virtual serial port functions properly in Windows, Linux and Mac operating
systems.

Then, like I have done in my designs is ok, I think.  MK28FN2M0AVMI15

Captura de pantalla de 2018-03-23 10-10-47_3.png

Captura de pantalla de 2018-03-23 10-10-47_2.png

Captura de pantalla de 2018-03-23 10-44-49.png

Captura de pantalla de 2018-03-23 10-44-09.png

So, I think, that I can update the application trought USB0_DM USB0_DP  with USB DFU and debugging/trace with the test points SWD1 SWDC1 with Cyclone or similar.

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Besides what you had found, please also note that we provide K28 ROM bootloader, which supports USB FS HID bootloader.

I am not sure if you are using the NXP evaluation board, If you look at the FRDM-K28 board, you may notice that the USB port of FRDM-K28 can been used as downloading the demo program through blhost.

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have FRDM-K64F but I have that buy FRDM-K28 and FRDM-KL03Z soon.

Thank you.

0 Kudos