K02 DAC output logic level during Power-On Reset (POR)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K02 DAC output logic level during Power-On Reset (POR)

marielu
Contributor I

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm using the K02FN64VFM10, and would like to use the DAC port to generate a slope signal. Processor Expert is used to initialize the DAC module.

During the power-on process, the DAC output stays at 3 V for about 250 ms, and then drops to 0 V and start to generate the slope signal.

As in the figure below, the yellow line is the DAC output, which stays high during the first 250 ms. The green line is the 3.3 V VDD signal (Power supply) and the pink line is a GPIO output, which generate a high level output immediately after the automatic initialization by Processor Expert.@@

I'm wondering if the DAC output logic level could be programmed to 0 V during reset at the very beginning.

IMG_1212.JPG

Thank you in advance for any kind of help!

Marie

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

marielu
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Thank you so much for helping me working on this.

I'm using KDS 3.0.0, Processor Expert with KSDK 1.2.0. Under the projects, I also use ADC, FTM and GPIO modules, with auto initialization enabled. For emulator, I use PE micro multilink universal.

I'm working on a DC-DC power supply, and the figure I showed you is captured when the power stage is working. When the power stage is not working and only the processor operates, I get the same waveform as yours.

I would like to draw your attention to some details. In your figure, there is a small spike before DAC starts to output, which is highlighted in red circle in the pic below.

pastedImage_0.png

On my processor, I could also see this spike, but with higher amplitude, as shown below:

IMG_1288.JPG

I zoom in the spike, and it shows as an increasing slope, and then drops down to zero.

IMG_1289.JPG

The bandwidth of the scope in the figures above is 200 MHz. Since you also have the spike on your waveform, I assume it's not my measurement problem. I'm wondering what causes this voltage spike, and if there's any method to avoid it.

Thank you and best wishes,

Marie

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello marie lu:

I tried with a FRDM-K22 and I do not see this behavior. This is what I get (Power ON and then I write random values to DAC):

pastedImage_0.png

Could you attach your project?

In particular I want to check the next points:

- What IDE (KDS, IAR, Keil)?

- Processor Expert with or without KSDK?

- Using other components?

- Is auto initialization enabled?

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez